Light-O-Rama Forums

Shared Visualizer Props and Fixtures

LOR Staff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my prop for a 64 channel (4 colors of 16 channels each) spiral tree. I took the 16 channel spiral tree prop from Cyberfix and converted each string from individual bulbs to a light string. That let me use the 4 colors each without posting 4 separate props on top of each other in the visualizer. On my spiral tree, I've got white and red in a superstring running clockwise and green/blue superstrings running counter clockwise. By simply assigning the channels in reverse order for the green/blue from the white/red for each string, the visualizer gives a pretty good approximation of the color strings running the opposite way during the playback.

Here's the fixture layout showing the reverse channel assignment to show the white/red strings wrapped in the opposite direction of the green/blue strings.

295753=16339-spiral%20tree%20prop.jpg

Spiral_Tree_64Channel_4Color.lpf

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is a 32 channel Firework. It has 8 legs or sticks, and each leg or stick has 4 channels on it. There is a 33rd channel for the center ball, you can delete that if you are not using it.

This is the first prop I have made and it took some work, so I wanted to share it with others. Thanks to everyone for sharing theirs, I have used several of them for my display!

Have fun!

Firework.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a single channel prop I designed (crudely after many minutes of work.) to use for a wire frame that displays "Merry Christmas" in script.

I made this by:

Creating (or locating) an image that I liked.

Using that as the background when I opened Visualizer and making it as large as possible to fit on the screen.

Essentially from that point, I just used a light string to trace out the image and then save the fixtures/props.

Merry Christmas.lpf

• 1 month later...

Hey folks made these hope they are useful.

I tried the other icicles available, but they didn't look good on angled roofs. Fine for straight areas.

So, I used Holiday Lights Designer 4.x, on my house image. HLD can do icicles, and also angle them properly. Got tired of waiting for the wishlist.

I then used the HLD decorator wizard to capture my images. Cleaned them up in Photoshop.

Then used LOR Object creator, to create my icicle fixtures.

Keep in mind, these were for my home roofline dimensions. So, if you strech them out a lot, they might not look to good.

Might, consider using more than one to satisfy your looks. At least, I think these look pretty decent, especially on angled roofs.

Hope they help. Gonna send as a zip file. The fixtures are within the zip.

Best,

David

Icicle_Fixtures.zip

• 1 month later...