Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale/No Sale???????????

Ralph D

PaulXmas wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
David Rise wrote:
Can't wait for my son to be old enough to help me out.

I found that about the time they get old enough to really be a help---they are not interested in helping any more.  Crazy kids!

Ya they have no interest in helping but when it comes to impress their friends .

"Have a look at MY house..."

+1!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Arnoldc

• LORi P

• BrownOut

DonFL wrote:

And it was your son in those videos of you putting up the weber tree, right? That doesn't seem like dad ordered his son to help...looked pretty voluntary to me..thats a pretty good compliment to his respect/love/etc for his father.

As I recall, didn't Jim have to bribe his son by helping him move????
At least Jim's son was willing to help with the lights and risk life and limb on the roof for Jim... That's gotta tell you something....
But he was not willing to go as far as dancing on camera. There are limits to his love.... (Or the boy has some sense... one or the other.) :P

Arnoldc wrote:

18 seconds????? Wow.........

And (obviously), that's when somebody else was there . . . :shock:.

scubado wrote:

Since when did it stop at 18?!

Fair enough, since my 27yo daughter and 25yo son have managed to go and come back several times since either was 18! One time she came back, she brought 4 grandkids with her . . . so the saga continues. Oh well, more to help with the lights.

LORi P wrote:

But he was not willing to go as far as dancing on camera. There are limits to his love.... (Or the boy has some sense... one or the other.) :D

Must be he has no limits to his love..

'cause the boy has NOOO sense...

he takes after his father.... :?

BrownOut wrote:

Will the sale start this weekend? Or next month? Or next year?

LOR has canceled the sale...

too much whining...

jimswinder wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
Will the sale start this weekend? Or next month? Or next year?

LOR has canceled the sale...

too much whining...

I think these might be sisters.

Whining:
whining-217x300.jpg
Confused:
confused-face.jpg

CKSedg wrote:

David Rise wrote:

I found that about the time they get old enough to really be a help---they are not interested in helping any more.  Crazy kids!

Boy thats for Damn sure. In my case that window of opportunity only lasted about 3 or 4 years. Either he was to young to really help effectively, or he was conveniently absent during set up. Now he's away at college 3 hours away. Looks like I am going to have to hire a high school age kid to help me.

jim6918 wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
David Rise wrote:

I found that about the time they get old enough to really be a help---they are not interested in helping any more. Crazy kids!

Boy thats for Damn sure. In my case that window of opportunity only lasted about 3 or 4 years. Either he was to young to really help effectively, or he was conveniently absent during set up. Now he's away at college 3 hours away. Looks like I am going to have to hire a high school age kid to help me.

I just had a grand idea! Several years ago I was a Scout Master for the local Boy Scouts down the street. To earn one of their badges they had to perform a community service. I think I'll call on the current Scout Master and see what I can do to help them earn their badge....hehehe.

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

I think I'll call on the current Scout Master and see what I can do to help them earn their badge...

which one?

American Labor? :P

MikeH wrote:

I think I'll call on the current Scout Master and see what I can do to help them earn their badge.

I see they have a new one titled "Christmas Joy"

Attached files 258875=14301-Merit Badge.JPG

There is obviously something holding up the sale:shock:

I have a feeling any day now we will have a announcement/email that the sale has started. Yet there will be something big missing. The sale will come with the announcement that there will be NO CCB's available this year:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Paul Roberson wrote:

There is obviously something holding up the sale:shock:

I have a feeling any day now we will have a announcement/email that the sale has started. Yet there will be something big missing. The sale will come with the announcement that there will be NO CCB's available this year:shock::shock::shock::shock:

I don't have that feeling.

Well I sure hope it is soon. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll have to purchase what I need at full price to avoid a mad rush. 1-2 week processing at LOR + 2 weeks travelling to Australia is almost a month's wait.

I certainly don't want to be sorting out controllers in October as this is my set up time.

A date of the sale would be awesome. So that I know if I will need to order before or during the sale to not leave myself in a pickle running around like a headless chook in November.

I guess we'll see.. but if I don't here anything in about a weeks time I reckon I may have to order regardless.

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Christmas Lights should not be at the top of our list of priorities...

OK, so you just found yourself off my Christmas Card list MR!

Well...guess I won't be getting any Christmas Cards this year!!

*sniff sniff*

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

OK, so you just found yourself off my Christmas Card list MR! What nerve! Have you checked you post count recently? I'm Beta testing.... and posting in the forum... and you're still running away from me! Think about what you're saying. "not at the top..." Blah, Blah, Blah! Get back to work on the Weber tree and get me pictures of each slice lit individually! You've been yelling at me to Beta Test for a month... Well, it's winding down... so it's your turn now! :shock::cool::P

Whew!

Jeff

think itll stand up long enough for those pics?

Arnoldc wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

OK, so you just found yourself off my Christmas Card list MR! What nerve! Have you checked you post count recently? I'm Beta testing.... and posting in the forum... and you're still running away from me! Think about what you're saying. "not at the top..." Blah, Blah, Blah! Get back to work on the Weber tree and get me pictures of each slice lit individually! You've been yelling at me to Beta Test for a month... Well, it's winding down... so it's your turn now! :shock::cool::P

Whew!

Jeff

I was hoping some of you guys would volunteer to stand up on my roof and hold it up....

show of hands??

anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

OK, so you just found yourself off my Christmas Card list MR! What nerve! Have you checked you post count recently? I'm Beta testing.... and posting in the forum... and you're still running away from me! Think about what you're saying. "not at the top..." Blah, Blah, Blah! Get back to work on the Weber tree and get me pictures of each slice lit individually! You've been yelling at me to Beta Test for a month... Well, it's winding down... so it's your turn now! :shock::cool::P

Whew!

Jeff

I was hoping some of you guys would volunteer to stand up on my roof and hold it up....

show of hands??

anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?
Did you build/design/work on any part of the roof at all?