Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale/No Sale???????????

Ralph D

marsh28 wrote:

Ok. So I'm officially BEYOND frustrated now. My plan was to buy the DIY PC controllers and I STILL don't have any idea when they'll go on sale. I also can't buy them on the LOR website as they are listed as being on "back order." This is my first year doing LOR and my focus was on doing a Halloween show since its my favorite holiday. It now seems as if this will be impossible. And to be honest, with the track record of pushing the sale back, can anybody really be all that confident that items will actually be available in September? What the heck is going on?

Sorry to vent but I've blown about $500 on lights for Halloween which I probably won't be able to use now.

To a point, I agree. I just deleted all other comments due to me not being very happy, sorry!!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Arnoldc

• LORi P

• BrownOut

Guest Don Gillespie

I think the Uniter States should invade canada, making her the 53 state that way I can get free shipping too LOL :D:P:P and the rest of you could have free medicare, :)

marsh28 wrote:

.............This is my first year doing LOR and my focus was on doing a Halloween show since its my favorite holiday.  It now seems as if this will be impossible.  ........

Sorry to vent but I've blown about $500 on lights for Halloween which I probably won't be able to use now.

If memory serves me right, last week a certain very kind, generous, and all-around nice LOR user offered to loan you controllers for halloween.

So you may not have the DIY controllers that you want, but you DO have options for making a display for your favorite holiday. And the money you spent on lights will not be wasted unless that is what you choose.

LORi P wrote:

marsh28 wrote:

.............This is my first year doing LOR and my focus was on doing a Halloween show since its my favorite holiday. It now seems as if this will be impossible. ........

If memory serves me right, last week a certain very kind, generous, and all-around nice LOR user offered to loan you controllers for halloween.

So you may not have the DIY controllers that you want, but you DO have options for making a display for your favorite holiday. And the money you spent on lights will not be wasted unless that is what you choose.
Looks like a may have to grovel and take you up on your offer:D

For the new members who are upset about the sale, I can not blame you. Every time a newbie ask about controllers, someone always says "wait for the sale, you will get a better deal". I heard the same thing. Dan knows how the sale impacts people, exspecialy new people. Even though he is not obligated to have "SALES", he also should not make promises he can't back up! I really believe LOR has great products, I've enjoyed using them. Everyone here knows how exciting it is to get your first controller, even more when it's on sale. Of course this is just my opinion!
Donny

Never in my life have I seen so many "adult" cry babies. If you have to wait for LOR to have a sale to buy anything then maybe you should be spending the time your complaining on this forum with a part time job so you can afford the few extra bucks it costs when they are not having a sale.................... I'm sure LOR is doing the best they can to please everyone.

Bernie

Bernie wrote:

Never in my life have I seen so many "adult" cry babies.  If you have to wait for LOR to have a sale to buy anything then maybe you should be spending the time your complaining on this forum with a part time job so you can afford the few extra bucks it costs when they are not having a sale....................  I'm sure LOR is doing the best they can to please everyone.

Bernie

And what is your doing Bernie? Why don't you go sequence or something!
Donny

Call me crazy.. I know we all wait for the sale to save a few bucks but after this year if I was running L.O.R. I wouldn't even bother with a sale. Myself I just said heck with the sale and bought some more stuff, unless you're really buying alot what's a few bucks here and there? Save 20 now you'll spend 40 later just because you remember getting a little deal on some lor stuff and figure that's what you saved. I will probably be bashed for this but who cares

pyromill wrote:

Call me crazy.. I know we all wait for the sale to save a few bucks but after this year if I was running L.O.R. I wouldn't even bother with a sale. Myself I just said heck with the sale and bought some more stuff, unless you're really buying alot what's a few bucks here and there? Save 20 now you'll spend 40 later just because you remember getting a little deal on some lor stuff and figure that's what you saved. I will probably be bashed for this but who cares
I did not preorder lights from other vendors in January because Dan promised CCBs would be available this time of year(now) back in January, February, and again that they would be for sale back in July. I was not waiting to try and save money. They are not available for any price. I emailed info@lightorama.com this weekend after calling twice a week ago and left my phone number for a return call that never came. I missed decorating a wedding party I was hired for because of this and regular string lights not being available. I placed my order this evening with a supplier that has stock on products I want from China. I know this is my fault for not ordering in Jan, but was hoping for the best after reading forums and the great support others got.

I was also disappointed in the attitude that Dan had at the Christmas expo this year. Mary was very nice and apologized for him. I'm sure this was just from traveling and stress, but it left an impression on me.

Guest Don Gillespie

I will not get caught up in the "when's the sale going to start" as a buisness man myself I decide when I am going to run a sale, not my customers, sometimes before I can make that announcment I have other things to deal with, sometimes staffing problems arrise, sometimes my suppliers are slower than anticipated, but I will never question when Dan is going to have a sale, times are tough for everyone, LOR is one of the best companies I have ever had dealings with, complaining about when there is going to be a sale is not something I am willing to do.

Now, me being a newbie as well.. I purchased my controllers back in March, not even knowing about a sale. This is my opinion to why Dan is doing the sale this way. Since he is out of stock on a lot of items, and shipments delayed for whatever reason, he is putting things he has in stock on sale to shut us up. When things arrive they will go on sale. He is doing his best. And I'm sure he is tired of all the complaining of a situation out of his hands.. I think we all own him a thank you for doing what he can.
Keep in mind that he is here for us, not to screw us.. Thank him, I'm sure he is beyond stressed. Just saying.. Cut the man a break

Arnoldc wrote:

. Thank him, I'm sure he is beyond stressed. Just saying.. Cut the man a break

I plan on thanking Dan and ALL the hard working LOR employees with another HUGE order!!

I know there are a few who are complaining loudly, but most of us back Dan and the LOR products 100%...

Please don't take our having fun and giving LOR a few jabs as complaining...

I know Dan is a good guy. I really think things have not worked out as quickly as he had wanted for product availability. I just wanted a call back or a notification in time for a couple of events that have passed that items are not in stock. I should have been prepared on my part.

Dan- I am sorry. I can't wait to see your new products.
-Logan

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
. Thank him, I'm sure he is beyond stressed. Just saying.. Cut the man a break

I plan on thanking Dan and ALL the hard working LOR employees with another HUGE order!!

I know there are a few who are complaining loudly, but most of us back Dan and the LOR products 100%...

Please don't take our having fun and giving LOR a few jabs as complaining...

who me???? I jab with the best of them :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

..Please don't take our having fun and giving LOR a few jabs as complaining...
who me???? I jab with the best of them :P

your jab is like your golf swing...

girlie!!

No offense Lori and Denise... :P

LORi P wrote:

.... a certain very kind, generous, and all-around nice LOR user.....

almost forgot to mention, cute, smart and humble... :P

Enough complaining about the sale... time to move back to the real topic of this thread....
to see who can win my affection... Jim or Arnold!!

christmas-smileys-for-msn-13.gif

LORi P wrote:

LORi P wrote:
.... a certain very kind, generous, and all-around nice LOR user.....

almost forgot to mention, cute, smart and humble... :P

Enough complaining about the sale... time to move back to the real topic of this thread....
to see who can win my affection... Jim or Arnold!!

christmas-smileys-for-msn-13.gif
What about option 3? Other?