Light-O-Rama Forums

Waiting on S3

Larry Leonhardt

kzaas wrote:

I spent the weekend and everynight this week building Mini-Arches, I have about 26 to go.

Over 26 Arches?!?!?

WOW!! Can't wait to see those in action!!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• JBullard

• Surfing4Dough

jimswinder wrote:

jimbucks227 wrote:
We definitely appreciate all your hard work!

Do we have any guess as to whether S3 is going to come out with enough time remaining before Christmas to do sequencing for this year? I have been waiting to start my sequencing for this Christmas in the hopes that I could do it in S3.

If you look below the two videos that were attached with the Mini Sale notice, it says this:

This sequence was produced using the SuperStar software add-on which will be available from Light-O-Rama in September 2011.

http://store.lightorama.com/cocori.html

One would think they would not release the SuperStar software and not the S3 software also.

But there is no reason you could not start sequencing using S2 and then transfer your work over to S3...they will be compatible...
should be compatible so long as none of the developers are named Bill Gates!! lol

There is one note I want to give on compatibility.

S3 comes with *2* different kinds of simulators: The old 'Animator' that came with S2, and the new Visualizer. Again, BOTH are included in S3. For all of you that have invested a lot of hours in the old Animator, they are not lost.

However for you new people, or for those wanting to extensively revamp their stages, you may want to only put 'minimal' time into creating stuff in the old Animator. That way you can put the time into the new Visualizer when it comes out.

There is no conversion between the old Animator and the new Visualizer since they use completely different technologies/strategies.

DevMike wrote:

There is one note I want to give on compatibility.

S3 comes with *2* different kinds of simulators: The old 'Animator' that came with S2, and the new Visualizer. Again, BOTH are included in S3. For all of you that have invested a lot of hours in the old Animator, they are not lost.

However for you new people, or for those wanting to extensively revamp their stages, you may want to only put 'minimal' time into creating stuff in the old Animator. That way you can put the time into the new Visualizer when it comes out.

There is no conversion between the old Animator and the new Visualizer since they use completely different technologies/strategies.

So if I get upgrade to S3, when I would not have a Visualizer unless I redraw the whole thing? Or did I read this wrong?

Edit: OOP'S!! I just look back at the Dev post and joined the jimswinder school of answer your own question! When do I graduate??? I see it includes both.

shfr26 wrote:

So if I get upgrade to S3, when I would not have a Visualizer unless I redraw the whole thing? Or did I read this wrong?

If you want to continuing using the current animator, then no action is needed.

If you want to use the new visualizer, you will need to do so within the visualizer software.

• 2 weeks later...

First let me start with this:

Thankyou to everyone who has been working on the software! I know ya'll have got to be feeling the pressure.

Now this:

Any new rumors on a timeline?
I have found myself checking the website constantly just in case the software was released and I missed the announcement!! I know, I have a problem, but all the new features in the S3 software would make my life so much easier! 3 sets of tri color 24 channel arches and a 25' tri color 48 channel mega tree and alot more multi color features have got me seeing things.

My brain is fryed trying to sequence 230 something channels. I need something to make it easier. I bit off more than I could chew this year, and I put the cart before the horse. I was hoping that the S3 software would be released before it got to crunch time....

The below pic pretty much sums it up
cat.jpg

Yup. some kind of statement giving some sort of guess-timation would be nice. I would really like to be using the new animator this year, but if I won't be able to, I'd like to be told so (soon).

BillyTRichVa wrote:

If it's true I'll jump off the Bridge in Brooklyn I just bought!

You don't own it until the check clears, I'm keeping title until then :P

Shanta wrote:

I noticed in the new UltraShows magazine that the LOR ad had a tiny tag line at the bottom saying S3 will be available in September. Hmmm, 5 days left. I'm officially starting to hold my breath!
Shanta, Your face is turning Blue :shock:

Yes, I too am starting to get a little worried about when we will see it.

With the superstar software no longer available from the site because of its new LOR ownership and 12 new CCR's waiting for instructions I am not sure how to move forward.

Fingers crossed I guess

gadgetman.1 wrote:

Yes, I too am starting to get a little worried about when we will see it.

With the superstar software no longer available from the site because of its new LOR ownership and 12 new CCR's waiting for instructions I am not sure how to move forward.

Fingers crossed I guess

you can still download the demo and get used to the superstar software

http://www.superstarlights.com/Software/Purchase.htm

I have waited patiently for S3. . . . . .
. . . . . .and have heard nothing but soon and September 2011 for the release date. Can anyone out there provide a date that S3 will be released? I for one can then judge whether to shelve S3 for next year and move on to LSP 2.0!

hm, disappointing to hear the issues they are having. However, there are other options. I bought LSP 2, take a weekend to the learn, subtract from the cash you were going to pay LOR. Am and always will be a loyal LOR user, however, sometimes another product is needed that someone else can't produce in the timeline you need. Buy the other one, mooooove on :-) (Mainly just use the visualizer, it's sad I know ... my imagination is shot lately)

On a side note, that many bugs in that short of time, bout time for a new project manager or squints. :-) *

*disclaimer - the smiley means I mean no harm or disrespect in any shape, form or fashion, I'm just relaying my joking opinion as cheerful, happy and content as humanly possible.

trankin79 wrote:

On a side note, that many bugs in that short of time, bout time for a new project manager or squints. :-) *

*disclaimer - the smiley means I mean no harm or disrespect in any shape, form or fashion, I'm just relaying my joking opinion as cheerful, happy and content as humanly possible.

No, perhaps you misunderstood. Many times, different features are introduced with each beta release. Each new feature requires through testing on a variety of different hardware, perhaps adjustments are required, released, retested, etc.

I bought LSP 1.x last year. Spent most of the sequencing season downloading (almost) weekly software revisions that were fixing bugs that we the paying customers were finding and reporting. Apparently David must have decided to start over (from what I read on their forum) to do a complete rewrite. I decided to not pay for their version 2 upgrade. I really hope for their customers that they have the problems worked out.

Just my opinion, as you are also entitled to yours.

Jeff Millard wrote:

From memory I can recall someone important at LOR saying something about never making timelines again... Due to the reaction of this membership when the timeline/deadline wasn't met in the past...

Jeff

Seems to me I remember hearing something similar about timelines when we were all chomping at the bit for LOR 2 to be released. Heard some of the same arguments too, "it's drop dead time for my display;" Should I wait for LOR 2 or sequence using LOR 1; etc, etc, etc."