Light-O-Rama Forums

Waiting on S3

Larry Leonhardt

Jeff Millard wrote:

Well, I lost the bet. I chose 11am to 1pm eastern. C'mon Cenote! I'm rootin' for ya!

Jeff

I'm going with a Saturday release because not only is Sat is the last day of the week, but this weekend is my setup weekend, so I will not have time to look at it anyway.:X

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• JBullard

• Surfing4Dough

Like so many others, I am patiently waiting for S3 to be released. I have 2 more sequences to be finished this year, and I did not wait for S3 to do them this year. This is in NO way a bash of LOR, the beta testers, or anyone else that is associated with LOR. I have been a loyal customer and will continue to do so. BUT, I may be old fashioned. I take someone for their word. If I am told there is a sale in the summer, I expect there to be one. If I am told that something will be released in September, I expect it in September. If I am told something will be released this week, I expect it to be released this week. I fully understand that there are things that happen and timetables get pushed back, but keep me informed. A quick note to say "Things aren't working out as planned, it MAY be next week, but don't hold me to that" would do wonders to keep people at ease. AGAIN, DO NOT take this as a bash of LOR, I just needed to get it off my chest.

I share everyone's frustration. I've been hearing release dates for S3 from July on. Being a programmer/analyst/developer/project manager, I do know that release dates are just rough guestimates so maybe I'm a little more understanding than most on here. That doesn't keep me from being frustrated, too.

This has been a tough year for LOR. The economy can't be helping their business, a board manufacturer can't meet delivery, replacement manufacturers take time to gear up, etc. So controllers are way behind delivery schedule.

The CCB and CCF have taken a long time to make it to sale, and now S3 is delayed a bit. I'd imagine that Dan is in near panic mode over everything collapsing all at once. It's like one of those biorhythm charts that show all the curves being at the bottom.

My suggestion (free and worth every penny) is to just chill for a while. If you'll stop and look at what's going on you'll realize that all this is impacting LORs bottom line - and that's not a good thing. Being on the outside looking in, I believe they're doing everything humanly possible to get this stuff straightened out - hardware and software. S3 will be available at some point and almost certainly in the very near future. It'll be worth the wait. 2-3 days after it's released everyone will mostly forget this waiting period.

In a few short hours, it's the weekend. Grab your favorite beverage, watch some football and baseball (go Rangers/Cowboys/Razorbacks!). Before you know it, S3 will be available.

bob wrote:

LightsinMaine wrote:
OK so now the big question. I just upgraded in Sept 2011. I did the license check and it says it doesn't cover S3. I thought if you upgraded within the year you would get the upgrade for S3 free? Now I'm confused.....

Sounds to me like yours should cover S3. Please send your license info (name and key) to me (bob@lightorama.com), and I'll look into it. Thanks.

Never mind - we looked into it and found that certain upgrades (those done manually rather than automatically through the store) weren't getting correctly marked as being renewals also. We've updated all of those records, and so you should be good to go now.

Just to make sure, though, please retrieve your license info again, and if it doesn't say that it's good for S3, please let me know. Thanks.

bob wrote:

Just to make sure, though, please retrieve your license info again, and if it doesn't say that it's good for S3, please let me know. Thanks.

mine still doesn't say it is good for S3!!!!

;)

Just foolin' with ya bob..don't look it up...

iresq wrote:

Can we please hear from more IT people about software deployment? I still don't understand. ;):D

Nah .. never liked arguing with a troll. :dude:

BillyTRichVa wrote:

So if we need to do a license renewal, how are we going to make that happen?

You will be able to purchase a license renewal through the Light-O-Rama store, similarly to how you would purchase a new license, or a controller, or a USB adapter.

Make sure to use the same email address to purchase the license renewal as you did to purchase the license in the first place.

Also, note that purchasing a license upgrade (such as "Basic to Basic Plus") also counts as a license renewal, and so does purchasing a SuperStar license. So you might want to consider purchasing one of those instead of actually purchasing a license renewal.

Jeff Millard wrote:

It's today. Congratulations LOR, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts. It's time for the Holiday creativity to flow.

Jeff

If it is today, then I would not be surprised to see it happen AFTER normal working hours. Would you want to be at the office when all of us try to download S3 within the first hour?

I got a link to the s3 software and installed it but it appears that it hasn't been released yet so I don't know where my source got his information. I have uninstalled it and am waiting for the official release.

I spotted that one too and downloaded it, but decided not to install it at the moment. I then went to the store to look at upgrades etc, and discovered that the S3 information does not exist yet, came back here and found the link has gone and the thread closed. It seems to be getting closer though!

Edit: The whole thread has gone now.

Regards,

Alan.

Alan C wrote:

I spotted that one too and downloaded it, but decided not to install it at the moment. I then went to the store to look at upgrades etc, and discovered that the S3 information does not exist yet, came back here and found the link has gone and the thread closed. It seems to be getting closer though!

Regards,

Alan.

I took the note at face value and assumed it was released like the note said and installed it. I need to wait though so I can update my license.