Light-O-Rama Forums

9/11

scubado

This year is the 10th aniversery of the 9/11 attacks on the USA. Anyone planning a display? I'm planning a simple animated display. Any song suggestions in case I decide to add some music?

I think that is great,.. A Budweiser commercial that aired only on the first anniversary of 9/11. It was not to promote their product ,not make any profits. not to benefit financially from it - they just wanted to acknowledge the tragic event.
it was a tribute to those who were lost.

as far as a song, it is The Priest And The Matador by Senses Fail.
here is a video, but it is graffic... just remember those who gave their life, for us...

Evan

evan.a wrote:

I think that is great,.. A Budweiser commercial that aired only on the first anniversary of 9/11. It was not to promote their product ,not make any profits. not to benefit financially from it - they just wanted to acknowledge the tragic event.

If memory serves, it aired during the 2002 Super Bowl, not 9/11/02.

Don wrote:

evan.a wrote:

Sorry Don, thats what happens when you get old and drunk. I don't even remeber who plaied.

Many emergency responders use red and yellow lights. If anyone decides to do a display I think Red and Yellow as well as blue for law enforcement.

Those that died that day were there to help save lives and gave their own in the process.

There were many lessons that those of us in emergency services have tried to learn from there tragic loss. What is often hard is that many of the things that went wrong that day are still issues even 10 years later. Communication was a major problem that day. Playing some tapes from the initial calls and video feeds, some patriotic songs maybe if anyone does go for a tribute.

That was a really tough day for the world and Americans. At our lowest point we were our best.

Jim, thanks a lot for planting that idea in my head....

Must resist... must resist.....

It is a great idea, I will probably go to one of our local events in rememberance.

As far as LOR, I have to stay focused on Christmas ;)

jimswinder wrote:

Where Were You by Alan Jackson...

Watching this one and some of the other tribute videos, it's hard to keep from tearing up. It would be nice to have a projector and play these videos to go with the lights.

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through like son!

evan.a wrote:

Don wrote:
evan.a wrote:

Sorry Don, thats what happens when you get old and drunk. I don't even remeber who plaied.

• 2 weeks later...

toddmoon wrote:

Many emergency responders use red and yellow lights. If anyone decides to do a display I think Red and Yellow as well as blue for law enforcement.

Those that died that day were there to help save lives and gave their own in the process.

There were many lessons that those of us in emergency services have tried to learn from there tragic loss. What is often hard is that many of the things that went wrong that day are still issues even 10 years later. Communication was a major problem that day. Playing some tapes from the initial calls and video feeds, some patriotic songs maybe if anyone does go for a tribute.

That was a really tough day for the world and Americans. At our lowest point we were our best.

The crappy part, Is that Emergency responders are NOT allowed at the 9/11 ceremony, because of space!

Read:

Due to "lack of room", NYPD, PA (Port Authority,NY-NJ) and FDNY Firefighters are not invited to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at Ground Zero.
~ As per Mayor Bloomberg

They weren't invited on that day in 2001 either. They just showed up.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg confirmed that many firefighters, police officers, medics and volunteers who responded to the 9/11 attack will not be able to attend the Ground Zero ceremony commemorating the 10th anniversary.

Watch News coverage of Mayor Bloomberg saying this:

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/911-ground-zero-ceremony-controversy-20110818#ixzz1VW2KhWR3

As much as I'm hated on the LOR forum, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in, and pass on the information, we were told.

Guest wbottomley

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

toddmoon wrote:

The crappy part, Is that Emergency responders are NOT allowed at the 9/11 ceremony, because of space!

Read:

Due to "lack of room", NYPD, PA (Port Authority,NY-NJ) and FDNY Firefighters are not invited to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at Ground Zero.
~ As per Mayor Bloomberg

Mayor Michael Bloomberg confirmed that many firefighters, police officers, medics and volunteers who responded to the 9/11 attack will not be able to attend the Ground Zero ceremony commemorating the 10th anniversary.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/911-ground-zero-ceremony-controversy-20110818#ixzz1VW2KhWR3

As much as I'm hated on the LOR forum, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in, and pass on the information, we were told.

I have to agree with you on this one. Bloomberg is one BIG POS!

Let him croak when he needs first aid.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

toddmoon wrote:

Read:

~ As per Mayor Bloomberg

It does seem really wrong. If space really is the issue, kick the media out along with the politicians.

as i firefighter in florida, i was saddened to see how quickly some people forget. its not just in NYC it is all over, i am thankful for those who remembered ALL of my firefighter brothers and sisters who have sacrificed for others on that day and many others. please if you dont already, fly a flag on 09-11.

NEVER FORGET 09-11-2001
ALWAYS REMEMBER THE 343 (and the NYPD & NYPA)

• 2 weeks later...

As a fire fighter myself 9/11 was a really hard day in so many ways. Watching several of the programs that have been on today has been really hard to watch and remember.

Many have forgotten but not all. My flag has been out all day and I will never forget. There were many lessons learned from that tragic day and hopefully all who serve in Fire, EMS, and Police will never forget the lessons learned from that tragic day.

It's also sad we are forgetting about the heroes of Pearl Harbor...

The Korean War...

Vietnam...

The Gulf War....

not to mention the everyday service of all of the men and women in ALL types and colors of uniforms in the country...

I salute you and thank you one and all...

jimswinder wrote:

It's also sad we are forgetting about the heroes of Pearl Harbor...

The Korean War...

Vietnam...

The Gulf War....

not to mention the everyday service of all of the men and women in ALL types and colors of uniforms in the country...

I salute you and thank you one and all...

+1. With a father in WWII and now a son-in-law in the Army, I also salute all who have served and are now serving. We owe them everything!