Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Track / Group Question

zman

Last year I spent a fair amount of time adding a Red - Green - Blue - White tracks to my sequences. I just spent most of tonight updating my template for the 2011 updates, which on the surface was not much, BUT, when you look at the impact it had to my tracks...........

Anyway the question, actually maybe 2 questions. First, I will assume that groups can be output into a template like Tracks can be today.

Next, how will Groups play with Tracks? With my 5 significant Tracks at this point, it would still be a benefit in the Master Track to create Groups. If a Group gets created in the Master Track, will it also be in the other Tracks as well?

These may be moot points. If I am starting to get my stuff situated now, depending on when S3 shakes loose, I may upgrade to it, but not have the time to get situated using a lot of the new features for this season. As one of my Tag lines says:

Time is of the Essence - And There is Usually Not Enough of it! Tic Toc.

By "template", you mean channel config file? If so, yes, they take groups into account.

Creating a group in one track does not automatically create it in another track. You can, however, copy that group to the other track, if you want.

Thanks, I did mean exporting the Channel Config.

Man I wish there was a way to use the "CNTL" select to copy paste multiple channels from one Track to another in S2 today.

zman wrote:

Man I wish there was a way to use the "CNTL" select to copy paste multiple channels from one Track to another in S2 today.

wishlist@lightorama.com

:D

Tim Herberger wrote:

Tim, how did you know that "Procrastination" was my middle name :P

Birds of a feather :Psearch?site=images&source=mog&gl=us&q=Top%20ten%20reasons%20i%20procrastinate&sa=N#i=9

**...wait until summer to flock together...** :P

zman wrote:

It's not there today, but it sort of will be there tomorrow in S3 via using groups. It takes less than a minute to select a list of contiguous channels, creat a group with them and then copy or move that group into another track. You'll like it!

George Simmons wrote:

zman wrote:
It's not there today, but it sort of will be there tomorrow in S3 via using groups. It takes less than a minute to select a list of contiguous channels, creat a group with them and then copy or move that group into another track. You'll like it!
Hope you Master Betas are making (instructional) videos of all this fun stuff. MikeH

MikeH wrote:

Hope you Master Betas are making (instructional) videos of all this fun stuff.

Well, I suppose we could... but that would definitely take away from the time we should be spending on putting the beta through it's paces... have to think about it...

George Simmons wrote:

zman wrote:

What does contiguous mean?

Frank Picozzi wrote:

What does contiguous mean?

Connecting without a break; within a common boundary

Frank Picozzi wrote:

What does boundary mean?

The line or plane indicating the limit or extent of something.

MikeH wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
zman wrote:
Hope you Master Betas are making (instructional) videos of all this fun stuff. MikeH

Here's a little example video showing what George is talking about:

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/CopyViaGroup.swf

bob wrote:

MikeH wrote:
George Simmons wrote:
zman wrote:

Here's a little example video showing what George is talking about:

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/CopyViaGroup.swf

That will save a lot of time and cursing!!!

Jeff Millard wrote:

I'm so impressed with the videos Bob makes, that I had to watch the thing 3 times before I even knew what the subject matter was...

Jeff

as am I...

but if it was good...why did it take three times watching it to know the subject matter??? :P