• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Surfing4Dough

• LOR Staff

• George Simmons

wbottomley wrote:

scubado wrote:
Are you Master beta's almost done with testing?

Nope. We've decided to take our time and make sure its right. :P

Please hurry! I can't hold it much longer!!!:shock::shock::shock::D

TommyConnolly wrote:

Please hurry! I can't hold it much longer!!!:shock::shock::shock::P

Somehow it's more gratifying when a woman says those words...

George Simmons wrote:

TommyConnolly wrote:

Somehow it's more gratifying when a woman says those words...
:cool::cool::cool:

George Simmons wrote:

TommyConnolly wrote:

Somehow it's more gratifying when a woman says those words...

Second double entendre today!

Got to see a couple demos of S3 this weekend at the Lone Star Academy seminars in Conroe, TX. Mostly what is included in the demo video posted here...but actually up and running on a big screen was exciting! :cool:

toddmoon wrote:

Any ideas what S3 will cost for those of us wanting upgrade? What benefits are there for those of us just running CTB16PC units only?

I think I read somewhere that upgrading to S3 was only around $20, but I don't remember where i saw that. I hope it is $20 because if it is, I will be one of those upgrading!!

if its gonna cost me again i will not upgrade i feel that would be unfair having just bought the software

The word has been as of expo time. If you purchase S2 within the last year, S3 will not be an additional fee. For everyone else the upgrade fee was discussed of POSSIBLY being in the neighborhood of $20.00. If you upgrade to superstar there will be additional fee.

Superstar is rumored to be an additionl fee. Like and advaced advance license level.

Chuck

Guest wbottomley

john fulkerson wrote:

if its gonna cost me again i will not upgrade i feel that would be unfair having just bought the software

Maybe you ought to wait until all of the details are released before making a statement like that.

Last time I checked, LOR is in the business of making money and no one is entitled to it free. :P

But, I can certainly understand the frustration.

wbottomley wrote:

john fulkerson wrote:
Last time I checked, LOR is in the business of making money and no one is entitled to it free. :P

Sheesh people...

research and development is not free and "profit" is not a dirty word...

Jeff Millard wrote:

I got the superstar editor to scroll a funky looking skull across the screen. How? I have no idea. What does that mean? I have no idea. Can it be used for anything useful? I have no idea. Am I impressed? I have no idea. Is this thing on? I have no idea.

Jeff

Sounds like the record's stuck the record's stuck the record's stuck the record's stuck :P

D.T.

They way I understand it when I purchased my software three years ago I was entitled to free upgrades through and up to V2.

I have no problem with paying $20 to upgrade to V3. In the software and licensing world that is a real bargain.

I am just trying to figure out what upgrades the software will give since I am only using CTB16PC units at this time. The Grand Master of software George Simmons tells me he has been doing all of his programming on the Beta V3 and has not had any issues, is fully compatible with all old sequences and has many time saving features that are well worth the costs of the upgrade fee of $20.

I know the CCR have lots of new things that go along with V3 and I am just wondering what benefits there are for the CTB16PC controller using V3.

toddmoon wrote:

I know the CCR have lots of new things that go along with V3 and I am just wondering what benefits there are for the CTB16PC controller using V3.

In my opinion (and it's not worth much) but the new visualizer and the ability to do groupings will be well worth paying $20 or more for...

http://www.lightorama.com/LOR3Demo/WhatsNewInLOR3.swf

http://www.lightorama.com/LOR3Demo/ConvertToGroup.swf

Jeff Millard wrote:

After you've drawn your fixture, you can export it to a fixture file. Likewise you can save a prop to a prop file. These can be re-used and shared. After you import them into your actual display visualizer file, that can easilt be resized to fit using the drag buttons around a selected fixture or prop. I hope my post makes sense. The first time you do it, I'll bet you get addicted to it... I know I did!

At what stage do you actually assign Controller and Channel Id's to your props?

After you import them into the visualizer?

IE..does your exported prop already have the Controller/Channel ID's assigned to them, and if so, can they then be changed when you make a copy of that prop (a second and third mini tree)?

1 - Actually you CAN delete lights once they are assigned to a fixture. You just have to delete the individual vertices. Once there is only a start (or end) point left for a string, it's gone. To delete a vertex, place the cursor over the vertex (it will change to a cross-hair). Quickly click without moving the mouse and POOF. It's gone.

2 - When exporting a prop (or fixture), you have the option of exporting the channel assignments along with it, or leaving them off (blank). When importing a prop (or fixture), if it has channels you have the option to use them or ignore them.