Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC - two channels operate at same time

Denise Brunner

I have a brand new board the when I send a signal to the board two channels light up channel 2 and 9. They don't dim linear line the others either. Any help ??

I have never had this happen to me before, but it sounds like it could be a problem in your channel configuration. If I were you' I would check to make sure you have the channels the way they are supposed to be, make sure there are not 2 channels that are assigned to that controller with the same channel. (For example: if the controller ID is 01, check to see you don't have two channels with 01-2 or 01-9) As far as the uneven dimming, all I can say is, if you are using two different types of lights, that could be your problem, like LEDs on some channels and incandescent on the other channels. But if you do have a problem in your channel configuration, that might help fix the dimming problem too.

I hope you get it figured out!! And I hope I put what I was think in words that make sense :/

If the same thing did not happen in the hardware mgr then I would agree that it could be in the configuration. But the same thing happens in the hardware mgr

You may have done this, check your board very close for any signs of a bad trace, or a weak solder connection.

So you're testing the unit by itself, connected to hardware utility, and one slider brings up two channels? Preassembled suggests it is unlikely it is an assembly issue, but can't totally write that off.

Have you tried a reset of the controller? Set ID switches to 00, power on, power off, give it 30-60 seconds between steps, then reset back to desired ID, and test with HW utility.

If it is a PC controller, with no ID switches on the board, then I have to defer to others on the reset sequence..I think there is a step involving a jumper on the board, but have never owned one up to this point...

Somebody suggested trying snubbers on those channels, I did that and the same thing happened. I will try to reset the board. Yes they are the PC models.