Light-O-Rama Forums
Denise Brunner

My New 64 channel controller

Denise Brunner wrote:

Got it up and working.... my only problem is that channel 16-2 and 16-9 both come on when you address either one.

Did you by chance double check your channel configuration to make sure they don't both have the same ID.

I thought I had all my channels set correctly last year and lo and behold when I started playing the shows I found out had several that were incorrect.

Denise Brunner wrote:

Yes I did, but will check again in the morning.

Another mistake I made (though I doubt you did) was I had crossed my wires...

# 2 was really #9... #9 was really #2...

though neither case I would think would be your dimming problem...

are your lights LED's and you might need snubbers?

Problem is that channel 2 and 9 come on at the same time when I address either channel. That would eliminate crossed wires. I also don't think it is a snubber problem either, the other 60 channels operate fine.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
whola

Jim made me giggle. Its Voila

lol...had a feeling I spelled it wrong.

Took French in 7th grade (1966)...from the first day the teacher only spoke French...

to say the least, I never learned the language!!! lol

Anyway...I took a whola lot of French!!! :shock:

Denise Brunner wrote:

I also don't think it is a snubber problem either, the other 60 channels operate fine.

My first year I had 32 channels...but only two required "snubbers"...

I thought I recall hearing that not all triacs are made totally equal, so you could have a problem with just one or two...

K, will try some snubbers in the AM. Will just use night lights for now and then see what happens

Guest guest

Based on your other post, and seeing the issue happen across two channels, does not seem like a snubber issue.

Guest guest

ItsMeBobO wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
whola

Jim made me giggle. Its Voila

It's Winder-ese....I think he meant "ah crap, i still have a whola lot of problems yet to fix..."

Tried snubbers, no change. Going to try to reset board..... think I should do a firmware reinstall????

Denise Brunner wrote:

Tried snubbers, no change. Going to try to reset board..... think I should do a firmware reinstall????

I would do one step at a time. First reset.

I do a ton of troubleshooting, I know you only add one variable into an equation at a time !!

Denise Brunner wrote:

Resetting the board did it !!

Thanks everyone
that was my "next guess"..

LOL :shock:

Had it up and running last night, but in a major rain storm. Could not bring a camera outside. We will see what tonight brings.

Very nice. Was thinking of a three-banger for this season. Where did you get the insulated connectors?

Denise Brunner wrote:

Chalk one up for us girls, some of us do know a thing or two. I can tell you a ton of mechanic stories. Anyway, yes that is the Lowes 12 X 12 X 6. Hopefully today I will get it outside on the 20 foot tree that has been set up in my back yard for the last two weeks waiting for some computer signals !!!.

But thanks Guys for all the compliments, it actually is an easy task but time comsuming, compared to some of the control wiring I do. If the weather holds up I will play outside in a little while.

Later:D

What did you use to attach it to your tree?

I got the insulated connectors from the local supply house. I mounted the box on a piece of wood (painted black) putting screws through the external ears on the box. Then used U brackets to attach the wood strip to the pole. Came out real nice

Pictures will follow, I promise.

Guest Don Gillespie

Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat job that is one fine piece of work right there, it does't matter how long you have been doing this hobby you always learn somehting new and unique, the attention to detail is fabulas, nice work Denise.

Denise that is awesome, as in I am in awe!
Here I am thinking I've made it to the big time by going from 32 to to 64 channels this year ........