Light-O-Rama Forums

My New 64 channel controller

Denise Brunner

How often do you need to get into the enclosures. Once they are built, everything is external !!

Denise Brunner wrote:

How often do you need to get into the enclosures. Once they are built, everything is external !!

Jim just likes to keep opening them to admire his fine work. He is so proud of himself! :P

Denise Brunner wrote:

Yeah...that's what I thought. But I had some channels not work...and usually the full 8 on one side of the board or other...

and they only thing I could figure what happened was they got wet somehow...so I had to open them up and dry them out with a blow dryer...and whola..they started working again.

Though I only had this problem the first few days...rest of the season had no issues...though I did put some of those silica gel packs into the few boxes that did have problems...

Got it up and working.... my only problem is that channel 16-2 and 16-9 both come on when you address either one. They dim fine so I know that the triac is fine but will have to go into the box and check it tomorrow

Ooopps - no they do not dim correctly

I will take it back, then don't dim like the rest. Not sure what is going on right now. Will have to play with it tomorrow.:P

Denise Brunner wrote:

Got it up and working.... my only problem is that channel 16-2 and 16-9 both come on when you address either one.

Did you by chance double check your channel configuration to make sure they don't both have the same ID.

I thought I had all my channels set correctly last year and lo and behold when I started playing the shows I found out had several that were incorrect.

Denise Brunner wrote:

Yes I did, but will check again in the morning.

Another mistake I made (though I doubt you did) was I had crossed my wires...

# 2 was really #9... #9 was really #2...

though neither case I would think would be your dimming problem...

are your lights LED's and you might need snubbers?

Problem is that channel 2 and 9 come on at the same time when I address either channel. That would eliminate crossed wires. I also don't think it is a snubber problem either, the other 60 channels operate fine.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
whola

Jim made me giggle. Its Voila

lol...had a feeling I spelled it wrong.

Took French in 7th grade (1966)...from the first day the teacher only spoke French...

to say the least, I never learned the language!!! lol

Anyway...I took a whola lot of French!!! :shock:

Denise Brunner wrote:

I also don't think it is a snubber problem either, the other 60 channels operate fine.

My first year I had 32 channels...but only two required "snubbers"...

I thought I recall hearing that not all triacs are made totally equal, so you could have a problem with just one or two...

K, will try some snubbers in the AM. Will just use night lights for now and then see what happens

Tried snubbers, no change. Going to try to reset board..... think I should do a firmware reinstall????

Denise Brunner wrote:

Tried snubbers, no change. Going to try to reset board..... think I should do a firmware reinstall????

I would do one step at a time. First reset.

I do a ton of troubleshooting, I know you only add one variable into an equation at a time !!

Denise Brunner wrote:

Resetting the board did it !!

Thanks everyone
that was my "next guess"..

LOL :shock: