Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Electrical?

Guest guest

I have a 16 channel board with 20amp fuses. Can I load that fuse a full 20 amps. I know in electrical terms you can only load a circuit 80% but can I load the LOR board a full 100% and put it on a 25amp breaker?

I ask the question because looking at the chart that planet christmas has about power consumption it says for c9's to stay under 80% use only 10 strings. I need to plug 12 into one 20amp LOR box. I am only alittle above. Does anybody see any problems?

johnsonfool wrote:

I have a 16 channel board with 20amp fuses. Can I load that fuse a full 20 amps. I know in electrical terms you can only load a circuit 80% but can I load the LOR board a full 100% and put it on a 25amp breaker?

Standard outlets > 20 amps are not allowed per the National Electric Code.

I wouldn't run a circuit to capacity for long term. If you have portions of the show that pull 20A, but the majority of the show is a little less, I don't think that would be an issue.

-Tim

Isn't there a way to turn the total intensity on the board itself down? I may be wrong but I seem to remember hearing something about this. To where I could dim my total lights 90% to conserve energy. I did buy the deluxe board which I thought had this option.