Light-O-Rama Forums

My first Rainbow Flood build

CLD Kevin

crackchecker wrote:

I know theres been a lot of debate about how bright these are compaired to floods but...

Really....

How do they compair as a wall wash against a 85watt red or green flood?

That's my biggest hold up agains going with these...

They will blow away an 85 watt incandescent. Here are some pics on Greg's website comparing last year's flood to a 150W flood.
http://www.christmasonmanor.com/rainbowfloodlight/rfl.htm

I found that the color is much better too, not just brighter. The color doesn't wash out.

V2 (this year's) is supposedly much brighter yet, and the yet to be released V3 will be even more so, and may compare with the CCF (though much more expensive, and I think DMX).

A couple of quick announcements here:

First off, the great comparison that Cracker did can be found on our site as well. It is on the Downloads page under the Tutorials.

http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/downloads.htm

Next, my personal site (Christmas on Manor) will be officially decommissioned, as far as Seasonal Entertainment stuff, effective tomorrow. The hosting is expired and I will be moving it onto a dedicated server. With the store gone the site isn't all that big in file size and it doesn't need its own hosting account anymore. Please update your bookmarks to www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com.

Finally, we are going to be hosting a sale for a little while on all the assembled products. It should start tomorrow so if you haven't already done so, sign up for the newsletter on the store page.

http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/

Greg

Greg, couldn't find the RF vs. incandescent comparison anywhere but on your C.O.M. site---might want to include that somewhere on the SE site. Maybe I missed it though and it is there somewhere.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Greg, couldn't find the RF vs. incandescent comparison anywhere but on your C.O.M. site---might want to include that somewhere on the SE site. Maybe I missed it though and it is there somewhere.

All fixed :P

Ponddude wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

All fixed :P

Perfect. Talk about customer service! ;)

6th and final RF completed.

I used a single RF in a 250W housing. The 500W housing is too large for just one RF, IMO. It will still work, just lots of free space. The 250W housing comes with a clamp which I plan to use (I only used the stand for the picture). If you plan on using a single RF, the 250W may be the way to go.

Attached files 256161=14068-P1010022.JPG

Yes, the 250s work great for single boards...my color choice was yellow (Home Depot).

That said, I could probably coerce my 9 year old into painting them green..(and herself, while she was at it..most likely)...:shock:

This board was mounted on a couple wood strips, with the wod strips hot glued to the case, for the other 5 I have to build, going with Greg's mounting adapter, trimmed for use in this enclosure.

Attached files 256169=14073-IMG00017-20110804-1605.jpg