Light-O-Rama Forums

I Think You're Gonna Like This

George Simmons

JBullard wrote:

Orville wrote:
cenote wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
you guys already have all my worldly possessions divided up!!! :shock:

You have "worldly possessions"...shoot, somebody else can have the controllers I wanted, I want the gold bars your hiding in the basement. :cool:

Well maybe I shouldn't tell, however I made no promises I wouldn't.:P

But he's got a stash of sterling silver bars in the garage hidden behind his electrical panel.;)

That electrical panel is a FUSE box. The silver bars are FUSES.

I DID NOT say INSIDE the electrical panel box, I said BEHIND IT, as in you open the door, unlatch the secret lock, then behind the fuse panel is all those beautiful sterling silver bars hidden in the wall Ah crap, now you made me tell about the secret latch too. Sorry Jim.:P

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• cenote

• scubado

JBullard wrote:

Robert Burton wrote:

But the biggest thing is that you used a song that I was looking to do last year. NO ONE on the PC board liked it.

I don't understand. Why would you care what anyone on the PC board thinks about your music choices?

Did they buy you your controllers? Did they do your sequences? Did they come over and set up your display for you?

It's your display, do it the way you want, sequence the songs you like. You don't need anyone's permission from anyone on any of the boiards.

I have to agree here. Why let others decide what music YOU want to use in YOUR display?

Yes, I may run a question about a song through the folks here, or over at that like-minded sites, just to see if anyone has used it, what they may think of it, this is to help me determine if I really want to use a particular song, especially if the song may not be family friendly, but that's what MUSIC EDITORS are used for! Right folks?

So even if I do find a song I like, and then want to use it that has some off-color words/lyrics to it, as in harsh(curse/swear) words or derogatory statements, but the music and other parts are really good, I'll edit those parts out and utilize the song.

And I do believe the majority of us here do that all the time to music we may want to use, but can't in it's "original" content, so edited it gets.

Suggestions and Feedback are all fine, but yet, once again, it is YOUR display, YOUR music and ONLY YOU have the FINAL DECISION on how you want things in it.

Nice Jeff. Thanks for your enthusiasm. I'm excited every time you post a video of the new visualizer. People past and present who are upset with not being included have bigger problems! From what you and the other beta testers have said, I think the new software is finally catching up with the hardware. And I don't care who you are, that's EXCITING!!
Thanks Beta Testers and LOR!:P
Donny

JBullard wrote:

Easy there Jim, Jeff has already found and reported 11 bugs! That's more then any of the other beta testers He deserves a break, but still keeping his bug finding skills sharp!

I guess he could be called a Master Beta?

Cajun Cheesehead wrote:

JBullard wrote:
Easy there Jim, Jeff has already found and reported 11 bugs! That's more then any of the other beta testers He deserves a break, but still keeping his bug finding skills sharp!

ROTFL...

good thing he is Ambidextrous!!!

Jeff Millard wrote:

I wish I could put into words in a post just how excited I am for everyone else about the upcoming S3 release.

I think you just did...

jimswinder wrote:

Cajun Cheesehead wrote:
JBullard wrote:

ROTFL...

These two posts get my vote for co-winners of "post of the month"...

Jeff Millard wrote:

DonFL wrote:
When you consider that this is beta testing by volunteers, unpaid except for the appreciation (and harrassment...) of the rest of this, the dedication and effort (sprinkled with a few teases and taunts via vimeo) is amazing.

I have to say a couple things, because you know I can't shut up. But by posting the taunts and teases we're actually violating a trust Dan Baldwin asked us to participate in. Back before S2 was released, some of us were posting what we considered to be exciting new tools and capabilities. There was a limited number of Beta testers, and a bunch of people who felt left out, or locked out. So the little teases seemed to be counter productive as they tended to rub people the wrong way. I never meant for that to happen. I wanted people to know what they were in for and to be as excited as I was. But, the fact remains that those who felt slighted were having a negative reaction. IMHO that goes against everything that is Dan Baldwin. The way to prevent the animosity was to just keep it quiet.

But in the case of the new Visualizer... I can't keep quiet. I would pay double to have it. You can fire me from the team, but it's absolutely amazing. I've avoided using the Sequencer to make work for my 2011 display because I honestly feel like I'm cheating when I do. So, I took to the vis like a madman posessed. I wish I could have some face time with the whole community just making stuff and trying as many options as I can. I know it would result in excercising some stuff I'm sure I'd miss otherwise. I wish I could put into words in a post just how excited I am for everyone else about the upcoming S3 release. The improvements are amazing. Mike suggested we share our work post release. I immediately asked the Admin to include the file extensions in the Allowed attachments. They include .lee for a vis file, .lff for a fixture and .lpf for a prop. I'll create a new thread here and upload each and every file I created pre-release after ensuring the all work with the Public S3. Get ready to be blown away. (Dawn said I should forgo the display and just get a big projector and use the visualizer instead) ...yes, it's that good!

Jeff

I can't speak for anyone but me, but I prefer more communication, not less. If someone is not a beta tester, and upset by that, not much that can be done about that.

By its definition, beta testing is done by a limited group, with the expectation being they have the expertise to run the software thru its paces.

In no way would I want you to get crossways with Dan as far as violating confidences, but the fact I started one thread begging the beta testers to share how its going, says where I stand.

As I was working on stuff this weekend, and wrestling with the visualizer, there was more than one time when I told it "you WILL be replaced...soon.."...your posts about how good it is working gives me hope...:P

DonFL wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Cajun Cheesehead wrote:
JBullard wrote:
I guess he could be called a Master Beta

ROTFL...

WOW!! and it only August 2nd!!

DonFL wrote:

I told it "you WILL be replaced...soon.."

"soon" is soooo relative...

especially to Dan!!! :P

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Cajun Cheesehead wrote:
JBullard wrote:

ROTFL...

I didn't say which month.

DonFL wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
DonFL wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Cajun Cheesehead wrote:
JBullard wrote:

ROTFL...

I didn't say which month.
since it WAS posted in August I thought it was obvious, Captain...

Aww shucks guys.... But the actual thanks belongs to the testers, not me.

I absolutely hate it when companies use Beta testers for primary testing. We try to make sure what we release is as bug free as possible. Unfortunately some times as a developer you loose sight of how the users will actually use something. The next thing you know they find bugs you would never have imagined. The same is happening right now with the S3 beta.

The testers have been GREAT. Every time I ask for more info I have it in minutes. If I need test files or help working an issue they are up to the task.

With testers like that it is not just my job, but my duty to jump on any request, keep the testers involved, and as quickly as possible resolve the issue. They're right: They are not being paid, and that makes it even MORE imperative that we (the devs) are responsive to their requests.

Not to mention Mary would beat us if we didn't.

(Joke! Just a joke! See, it's the fact that she is the nicest person in the world that makes that statement funny).

DevMike wrote:

(Joke! Just a joke! See, it's the fact that she is the nicest person in the world that makes that statement funny).

was Sister Mary standing over you with a ruler when you typed that???

Attached files 255600=14031-nun+with+ruler.jpg

ok guys yes i was one that got my nose out of joint when the (joking)first got started about s3 and i can see the need for testing and god bless the volunteers i once was one my self but my goodness its August already i can t see good enuff to use the present visualizer hld works but not good to coin a phrase gods speed please.

Jeff, George, William, (sorry, just can't recall everyone's name!) and all the other Beta Testers out there, you're doing a fantastic job!

And I can just bet the pressue is pretty intense on you folks from some of us here that are wanting to have the latest and greatest version of the software.

DevMike, You're doing a fantastic job from all I hear(read) from the Beta Testers here too. Keep up the good work, although I don't know how you do it on moldy, small pieces of breadcrumbs, locked in a dark, dank, musty dungeon and little water to keep you going!;)

But I'd rather all the Beta Testers, and DevMike, all take their time and deliver a superb product to us, as opposed to rushing it, and then us finding a lot of issues that could have been avoided!

Looking forward to S3 when it finally arrives! I am patiently waiting!

So I'll just give a big Thank You for all the unpaid time and effort to ALL the Beta Testers are putting into the S3 software for all of us crazy Holiday decorators out here to enjoy when we can finally get it!:D

jimswinder wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
I wish I could put into words in a post just how excited I am for everyone else about the upcoming S3 release.

I think you just did...

What Jim said!!!

jimswinder wrote:

DevMike wrote:

geez Jim..keep it up and you'll be seeing those CCBs arrive for your 2015 show...

DonFL wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
DevMike wrote:

(Joke! Just a joke! See, it's the fact that she is the nicest person in the world that makes that statement funny)

geez Jim..keep it up and you'll be seeing those CCBs arrive for your 2015 show...
wow...a couple of years before anyone else!!!! ;)

So I'll just give a big Thank You for all the unpaid time and effort to ALL the Beta Testers are putting into the S3 software for all of us crazy Holiday decorators out here to enjoy when we can finally get it!:D

Harumph! What He Said!