• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Donny M. Carter

• JBullard

• james campbell

DonFL wrote:

We have heard how Dan "tortures" his developers feeding them an occasional breadcrumb for every 100 lines of code...but had no idea the CIA level secrecy the beta testers worked under....;)

100???? Which one is getting crumbs for 100?

I wrote 100 pages of documentation the other day and only got a wrapper from a Twinkee and an old coffee cup with some mold in it.

wbottomley wrote:

Have I missed something here?

I'm still working on downsizing my display. Just look at my avatar.;)

Me thinks your "yankee'in" our chain.

Tim Herberger wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
Have I missed something here?

I'm still working on downsizing my display. Just look at my avatar.;)

Me thinks your "yankee'in" our chain.

That's a good one Tim!:)

Jeff Millard wrote:

Also, you'll want to think about how you want to group channels. IE: My mega tree colors are grouped. The CCR Arches (I call them CCArches) are grouped by CCR. All the blowmolds are grouped. I have 500+ channels on a single screen now. I did this before starting on my Visualizer. Then you can create an Export file, that can be imported to the S3 Visualizer. You can then assign the objects you create right to the channels in your Export file.

Jeff

Jeff, are you using tracks? I have my setup in tracks. My CCArches are in one track. My roof line CCB's are in one track, and so on. Is this the type of grouping you are referring to. unless you are not using tracks. Thanks Sir!
Donny

Jeff Millard wrote:

Since you're all wunderin' 'bout things. Here's sumphin' to prepare for.

So far, I've found that an image that is 1640x900 pixels is a perfect match for a display set at 1920x1080 for the visualizer... If you can prepare a new jpg, this size will fit without having to use scroll bars to see the complete image.

Also, you'll want to think about how you want to group channels. IE: My mega tree colors are grouped. The CCR Arches (I call them CCArches) are grouped by CCR. All the blowmolds are grouped. I have 500+ channels on a single screen now. I did this before starting on my Visualizer. Then you can create an Export file, that can be imported to the S3 Visualizer. You can then assign the objects you create right to the channels in your Export file.

Just a couple things to think about.

BTW, I'm jumping in with both feet. Everything I had prepared for 2011 in S2 has been deleted just to force my hand. Thank you LOR for the world's greatest software!

Jeff

tease

MikeH wrote:

JBullard wrote:
What do you want
to know about S3 ?
Tell us everything!!
Interrogation_by_nemeziz.jpg

This post "I was thinking it is more like Hogan's Heroes Sgt Schultz scene..."I see nothing..I know nothing..." makes no sense without this picture (or maybe it doesn't anyway..)..sorry..:cool:

I thought that's what you were doing. So when S3 does gets released I guess I will redo my master like you did. I did see in the video how the channels can be closed down to one, man that is nice. Thanks for the info Sir.
Donny

That's an easy one George... the correct statement in that paragraph is: "beta testers, we'll probably take as long as possible to evaluate the product"

Greg Young wrote:

That's an easy one George... the correct statement in that paragraph is: "beta testers, we'll probably take as long as possible to evaluate the product"

Actually, the correct statement was that I'd finished two sequences since downloading the beta. Although that had very little to do with the beta itself, since the sequences were almost completed BEFORE downloading the beta.

Just thought I'd give people something to think about and argue about, not to mention giving Evan a soapbox from which he could preach.

George Simmons wrote:

Loose lips sink ships, gentlemen. I penny saved is a penny saved and you can't catch spilt milk with vinegar. And in saying that, I've probably already said too much.

So, that being the case, the sad, awful truth about S3 is there's nothing more exciting than what you can see on the preview video. Except for... never mind - you'll find that out for yourselves. Given what I know about some of my fellow beta testers, we'll probably take as long as possible to evaluate the product, and then at the last minute find a major bug that pushes back the release date, just to give ourselves every advantage when it comes to sequencing our 2011 shows. Personally, I've already completed two sequences since downloading the beta.

Now the riddle: one of the statements in the above paragraph is true. A free tub of strobes to the first person who correctly guesses which one it is.

it's a toss up between

So, that being the case, the sad, awful truth about S3 is there's nothing more exciting than what you can see on the preview video.

and

Personally, I've already completed two sequences since downloading the beta.

Probably the latter and you've already sold them!! :P

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Loose lips sink ships, gentlemen. I penny saved is a penny saved and you can't catch spilt milk with vinegar. And in saying that, I've probably already said too much.

So, that being the case, the sad, awful truth about S3 is there's nothing more exciting than what you can see on the preview video. Except for... never mind - you'll find that out for yourselves. Given what I know about some of my fellow beta testers, we'll probably take as long as possible to evaluate the product, and then at the last minute find a major bug that pushes back the release date, just to give ourselves every advantage when it comes to sequencing our 2011 shows. Personally, I've already completed two sequences since downloading the beta.

Now the riddle: one of the statements in the above paragraph is true. A free tub of strobes to the first person who correctly guesses which one it is.

it's a toss up between

So, that being the case, the sad, awful truth about S3 is there's nothing more exciting than what you can see on the preview video.

and

Personally, I've already completed two sequences since downloading the beta.

Probably the latter and you've already sold them!! :P

Ya to me LOL he keeps telling me to come down and pick them up, I am going to have to tell him to come up here and show me the S-3 and have a Crown Royal on the deck then he could bring me the strobes LOL

George Simmons wrote:

Jim - see post #35...

ya...saw that AFTER I posted..for some reason it was not there when I saw the rest of the posts.... :P

Jeff Millard wrote:

Also, you'll want to think about how you want to group channels. IE: My mega tree colors are grouped. The CCR Arches (I call them CCArches) are grouped by CCR.

I asked this in another thread..but never got an answer....

Can you group individual channels of a CCB?

I think I may have an element where it would be advantageous to group different bulbs of a CCB together... such as Bulb 1, 7, 11, 34, and 49 (Group 1) and Bulb 2, 8, 12, 35 and 50 (Group 2).

Will this be possible with S3...to take individual CCB bulbs and place them into a group?

And to make it even more interesting, I would need to have a third Group that has Bulbs from Group 1 AND Group 2 IE: Bulb 1, 2, 22, 25, 50 (Group 3).

I know the first concern is having duplicate channels in multiple groups...but no group would be on at the same time.

Make sense?