Light-O-Rama Forums

Error loading sequence

Ralph Priest

When I open my sequece editor and try to open a existing sequence I am getting a error message. It says at the top error loading sequence and then in the error box it says Automation error. the object invoked has disconnected from all its clients. It says that for every one I try and open. I have tried to reinstall the software but that has not worked.

This seems like something is misinstalled. It could be a part of LOR itself, but it could also be something that LOR needs, such as a part of Windows.

Since you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I would suggest trying Windows Update. Make sure that you have closed all running programs, including LOR programs. Not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel, which is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray. You can close the LOR Control Panel by right clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

Note that Windows Update only seems to list updates that you can currently install. So, if there are two available updates that you have not yet installed, and the second depends on the first, Windows Update will only list the first. So, whenever I use Windows Update, after it finishes installing whatever it has listed (and after I have rebooted, if it told me to), the first thing I always do is immediately go back into Windows Update and see if it lists anything more. If it does, I tell it to install all of that. I keep doing this over and over until it finally tells me that there's nothing left to install.

• 1 year later...

I am trying to run LOR 3.7.2 on a laptop, but receive the Error: Object invoked has disconnected from its client. I have tried reinstalling the LOR software and rebooting and have also updated window files and rebooted, but still get the error. The laptop is running windows XP with service pack 3. The sequence editor opens, but gives me the error when either I try to create a new sequence or edit an existing sequence. I also get a Cannot Find Folder warning (cannot find folder: C:\lightorama/sequence) when the sequence editor is 1st opened. However, I can click OK and the sequence editor remains open, but as stated above can not create a new sequence or edit and existing sequence. This results in locking up the sequence editor. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cheski

All window updates have been installed and I still get the error: Object invoked has disconnected from its client.  Any other ideas?

Thanks

Cheski

All window updates have been installed and I still get the error: Object invoked has disconnected from its client.  Any other ideas?

Thanks

Cheski

Are you using a "licensed" version of the software or a demo version?   That could possibly make a difference.

Are you using a "licensed" version of the software or a demo version?   That could possibly make a difference.

That would not make a difference.

That would not make a difference.

I wasn't sure if it would or not, so just tossed that out there just in case it might have made a difference.

I've gotten that error before, but I can not for the life of me remember what caused or created it.  But in the far back reaches of my memory, I keep thinking it may have had something to do with the USB Dongle driver not being installed, but then I use my SE without the dongle, so I'm not really sure if that could create that error or not.   Wish I could remember what it was and what I did to fix it when it was happening to me.

Yes, I do have a license version. I installed windows vista and I can now open up sequences without getting an error. However, I have not had time to run it through all it's paces. Thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks

Cheski