Light-O-Rama Forums

Zip ties / Tie wraps

steve synek

I am looking for a deal on 1000x 4" black zip ties. Any recommend places? I saw some at Home Depot for about $17. How come when you look for old posts you can't find them when you want them- My bad user error I guess;)

Steve

Maybe others have had issues, but I have had some from Northern Tool in place for a couple of years without problems. They are out in the yard during Christmas and in a hot attic the rest of the year. Maybe it depends on what you use them for. Mine don't hold a lot of weight.

steve synek wrote:

I am looking for a deal on 1000x 4" black zip ties. Any recommend places? I saw some at Home Depot for about $17. How come when you look for old posts you can't find them when you want them- My bad user error I guess;)

Steve
as stated here, monoprice.com

I have two cases of 8" (24 packs to a case and 100 to a pack) zip ties from these folks for what you will pay for two packs of those.

DonFL wrote:

http://www.monoprice.com

I may be sufferning from failed memory syndrome (aka CRS), but pretty sure I read some posts on one of the boards about some long term issues with the ty-raps N-Tool offered..but may be mistaken.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me..:D
someone posted issues on those plus i have had issues with 20% of what I bought from Lowe's failing during install. Have been very surprised (pleasantly) with what I got from monoprice, so much so I placed a second order.

www.cabletiesandmore.com

Have purchased numerous times, but natural color
about $34.57 (includes shipping) for 5,000 4inch

They have black and lots of other colors
and sizes.

Here is my latest from monoprice:

5815 Hook & Loop Fastening Cable Ties 6inch, 6pcs/Pack - 6 colors 20 $0.36 $7.20
5761 Cable Tie 8 inch 40LBS, 100pcs/Pack - Black 50 $0.77 $38.50
Subtotal : $45.70
Shipping & Handling Cost : $9.89
GRAND TOTAL : $55.59

Attached files 253669=13859-zip ties.JPG

Be sure to stay away from the ones at Harbour Freight and the dollar stores. Very high failure rate! If you do need to pick some up locally, go to the electrical dept of the local hardware stores to find the better quality ones.

And it might have been Harbor Freight that I recall the forum thread being about..

I've had god luck with Home Depot and Lowes, but for quantity, you can't beat monoprice.