Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Ribbon as an Arch

Frank Rossi

I plan to add a Cosmic ribbon this year. I have one 16 foot arch using 14 channels with 14 strands of white lights. I was planning to remove these lights and fasten the cosmic ribbon. A fellow Christmas Light guy suggested to install the cosmic ribbon over the existing lights and use them in combination or independently. For those of you that have used the cosmic ribbon what do you think?

Seems like you dont need the 14 channels for another prop.
I suggest using both but mount the CCR on its own PVC. Place it above or below so you dont block the view of the other.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Seems like you dont need the 14 channels for another prop.
I suggest using both but mount the CCR on its own PVC. Place it above or below so you dont block the view of the other.

I second this suggestion.

The CCR over the top of an existing wrapped arch strikes me as not a good idea.

Only suggestion I have is to be VERY careful how you bend and attach the CCR to the PVC. Be sure to use a large enough diameter pipe so as not to bend the ribbon too much when you secure it to the pipe. I learned this the hard way.

-Gary-

• 2 weeks later...

Where are people attaching to the pipe with the ribbon, above below or in front?

If in front you must be using a pretty big radius, no? Any suggestions to the smallest radius possible?

• The topic was locked