Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving Sequences

Bob bohannon

I get this eoor message every time I try to save my files. Running Ver 2.9.4 up grade on Window 7 Prof.

I get this message:
error saving file... do you want to save antoher file name?

Detail Invalid procedure call or argument.

If I say Yes then it goes back through the same thing, or if No then nothing happens.

Help!

Bob Bohannon

That sounds to me like something is misinstalled. Perhaps it's a part of Light-O-Rama, but perhaps it's an underlying part of Windows that Light-O-Rama requires.

The first thing I would try would be this:

(1) Close all of your running programs, especially LOR programs, including not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel. The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray. You can close it by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu.

(2) Uninstall LOR.

(3) Reinstall LOR.

Note: When you reinstall, there is no need to have any earlier version of LOR installed first. Just go straight to installing version 2.9.4 without installing any previous version first.

Did not work. have unstalled and reinstalled, but when i try to save something i get the same error. Tried to rename it but that did not work eighter.

Did not work. have unstalled and reinstalled, but when i try to save something i get the same error. Tried to rename it but that did not work eighter.

Seems the registry wipe site is down. Splendid. I am having the exact same issue when trying to save a sequence.
Windows 7
Seems I am using Version 2.8.12 - Only version I've ever had.
Could that be an issue?

Will a new update. I can save everything but an *.lms file, all others will save *.lcc, *las

I'm at a lose. I have unstall all windows updates back to where I everything worked, but the lms file will not save.

At my wits end on this.

This has worked for some people with strange saving issues in the past:

(1) Stop all running programs, including LOR programs.

(2) Open up a command prompt window. You can typically find the icon to start one up under the "Accessories" menu of your computer's Start menu.

If you are running an operating system where it matters, do so "as administrator" - that is, instead of starting the command prompt window by double-clicking on the command prompt icon, right-click on the icon, and select "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.

(3) In the command prompt window that opens up, type the following two lines:

cd c:windowssystem32
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

Note the following:

(A) There is a space on the first line between "cd" and "c:windowssystem32".

(:) There is a space on the second line between "regsvr32" and "scrrun.dll".

© There are no other spaces anywhere else on either line.

(D) The slashes in the first line are backslashes (""), not forward slashes ("/").

After typing those two lines, a message box should pop open, saying something like "RegisterDllServer32 in scrrun.dll succeeded". I'm not sure if that's the exact phrasing, but it should definitely say "succeeded", or "successful", or something like that. If it does not, please let me know exactly what it says, word for word.

After that, open up the Sequence Editor, and try again.

bobbert wrote:

Will a new update. I can save everything but an *.lms file, all others will save *.lcc, *las

I'm at a lose. I have unstall all windows updates back to where I everything worked, but the lms file will not save.

At my wits end on this.

It might be your music/song you are using. It might be protected and won't save with the sequence. Try saving it with another song just to see if it works. If so, then you need to find a different version of the music you are using. Sometimes Itunes has protected music. MP4 won't work either (if I remember right)

reason why I say this is because you can save it as everything else without the music file you are using.

Just a thought,

Tom

• 3 months later...

I have had this same error many times. I could not figure out why it was happening but the last time it did it the following happened prior:

1. editing the sequence and saved.
  2. edited some more but needed to change controller numbers so I went into the Channel Configuration window and hit "Change Controller". I needed to swap the #2 and the #3 controller. I changed #3 to #2 and then realized that they were now the same number and I was unable to change what was the #2. I hit cancel and didn't save that configuration.
  3. With the window still open I changed the #3 to something like 0A or one of those binary designations. I then changed the #2 to 3 and went back and changed the 0A to #2.
  4. Exit Channel Config and ran the program to make sure all was well. Tried to same the new file and then it happened "error" Same save error you all got.

Seems there is a serious bug in the software somewhere.. Lucky I had saved before I went in and did the changes because I would have lost an hour of editing had I not done so.
Any suggestions???
Someone in another thread seems to have found the problem on his computer and from his description, mine seems likely to be part of the same code issues.. but I don't write code.. so not sure.
http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=28305&forum_id=72&highlight=save+file+error