Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 System Requirements Recommendations

njwatkins1

I'm curious to know what the S3 System Requirements are.

Is there going to be a different set of requirements for the Superstar Add-on?

What are the recommended system specs for S3?

Thanks,

Nick

P.S. Hey Dan, when can we get an OSX version, lol? I'd love to be able to sequence on my Mac. It's a joy to run boot camp and sequence on the large Apple display, however dealing with Windows as well all know can be a pain in the neck. Thanks!

Always running S2 on a mac with vmware Fusion and vista, either macbook pro or 27" imac

had never performance issues.

The lage screen of the 27" inch imac is ideal for sequencing, 2560 x 1440 resolution, while the animation is on the second 23" screen, 1680x 1050

OS X version of S3 would take away my only need for vista, so I could lose Windows at all.

That would be a relief :cool:

Mac user since 1985, Apple user since Apple II, 1983 :D

Lor user since 2008

96 channels

The Netherlands

Jeff Millard wrote:

Trickyd wrote:
Mac user since 1985, Apple user since Apple II, 1983 :(

See kzaas! There weren't 2 Apple Mac users... it was just one guy somewhere in the Netherlands using both! :cool:

Jeff
actually i have used them off and on for years as well as Linux but most business apps are centered around windows.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Trickyd wrote:
Mac user since 1985, Apple user since Apple II, 1983 :(

See kzaas! There weren't 2 Apple Mac users... it was just one guy somewhere in the Netherlands using both! :cool:

Jeff

I thought apple only made I-phones and I-pods and I-pads

And Apple Pies....

james campbell wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
Trickyd wrote:
Mac user since 1985, Apple user since Apple II, 1983 :P

Jeff

I thought apple only made I-phones and I-pods and I-pads

• 1 month later...

BrownOut wrote:

I would love a Mac version also. :P

Makes two of us. I don't mind having a seperate system for my LOR...but it would be much easier if I could run it off my powerful(read: expensive) Mac tower. :(

Any chance of this for LOR S3?

dkoehler42 wrote:

Makes two of us. I don't mind having a seperate system for my LOR...but it would be much easier if I could run it off my powerful(read: expensive) Mac tower. :P

Any chance of this for LOR S3?

Given that the current Beta version is not Mac compatible, I would doubt the final product would be.

Dear Jeff

is it possible to behave at this forum in the spirit of Christmas, please

and talk about the joy of sequencing and have fun making the lights to move as we want?

please let us dig a hole and throw all negative thoughts about eachothers computerplatform into that hole, and coverup these thoughts with six feet of dirt.

The competition between platforms is one neither of us can win. It is just a matter of your personal favor, not more.

( emoticons do not behave correct due to programming of the forum, sorry for that)

regards

Dick de Wit
The Netherlands

Jeff Millard wrote:

Trickyd wrote:
For all pessimistsdocument.write('sad.gif');sad.gif

I am happy with the Imac, document.write('tongue.gif');tongue.gif

For all Mac users, they know already it will work document.write('cool.gif');cool.gif

if it is only with vista under vmware fusiondocument.write('confused.gif');confused.gif

See how compatable Macs are with the universe everyone! :P

Jeff

Jeff, you read my mind.

(and by the way, I thought you comments sounded fairly jolly and had lots of red highlighting so that got me in the mood for Christmas:D.)

No one else has answered so i guess it's up to me. The main requirement for S3 is an actual copy of S3.
There's a lot of people waiting on its release and a lot are probably like me. Why do it with S2 the long slow way when we've been promised that sequencing will be better and faster with S3. All we're waiting on now is the much anticipated release.

Alan Hanson wrote:

No one else has answered so i guess it's up to me. The main requirement for S3 is an actual copy of S3.
There's a lot of people waiting on its release and a lot are probably like me. Why do it with S2 the long slow way when we've been promised that sequencing will be better and faster with S3. All we're waiting on now is the much anticipated release.

I would agree sorta but if you have a few songs that are your "main" songs then getting them done now in S2 makes a lot more sense than waiting until S3. I have five songs for Halloween and eight for Christmas that are done minus the addition of the weber tree. If Halloween and Christmas start tomorrow then I am ready to roll. This way if we don't see S3 til November then I still have a show to put on. Once it is released then I can tweak other music and work again on my existing stuff.