• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Surfing4Dough

• rescue_653

• Donny M. Carter

• rgardner518

His copyright warning was updated today, and he didn't remove other peoples pictures? Is he 'Touched'?
Why would you even use someone else's pictures on your site?:?

rstately wrote:

His copyright warning was updated today, and he didn't remove other peoples pictures? Is he 'Touched'?

Here`s your answer post #37.Got all of his lights and got refunded.Speaks for itself what kind of person he is.

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum81/23424-2.html

Orville wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Wow! I'm tired of new people not searching the forum for their answers! This is and old outdated topic, that I know if they only search "extension cords, or SPT", There is over 475 combined topics that cover this!

Do we really need another?

I'm not tryng to be a party pooper, but People need to SEARCH!

I wasn't going to jump in here but....

#1. the Search feature here is sometimes quite useless when attempting find information.

#2. The question on where to buy extension cords does have a lot of other threads, this is true, HOWEVER, many are over a year old and as everyone here should be aware, PRICES CHANGE CONSTANTLY as do websites, so what may have been relevant in 2006, 2007, 2008....2010, MAY NOT be relevant at the time of thier NEW POST in 2011.

I know several places I purchased items from in 2009 and 2010, no longer carry those items at all. So I see no harm in anyone, even the old timers re-requesting where the best deals are for items they may be looking for.

That's what this forum IS supposed to be about, but sure has, of late, taken a turn for the worse in my opinion!

I also find trouble with broken threads do to the change in the forum

wallleyes wrote:

rstately wrote:

Here`s your answer post #37.Got all of his lights and got refunded.Speaks for itself what kind of person he is.

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum81/23424-2.html

Wow is all I can say! I cant believe that someone here would be so egotistical to be an out right thief like he did Travis, Im sorry Travis did'nt persue his money, and the whole time he thought it was nothing more than a joke that he had stole almost $800 of merchandise. And now he is stealing everyone elses materials from here. I dont see how this man can even start to display his red and blue line with any dignity. All I can say is sir take your fire coat off and leave it at the door you are a disgrace to the rest of us in this service!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I'm sorry for pissing everyone off! That was not my intentions.....

What was your intention for using everyone else's pics and hard work?

Guest wbottomley

I really don't mind in sharing content, especially pictures. But, when a person comes on a support board posting hate & rant about a question, we have a problem.

I believe it's time for me to continue my quest to trade mark and copyright everything on my website. But, the sequences will be free at will use as you like.

So, in lite of the email I received this morning, everyone has my permission to use the image (http://www.poestenkill-lights.com/images/Strobe2.jpg) anyway they like since he's not the owner of the picture.

Last I checked, his copyright notice does not apply to content he does not own!

I have the original picture since its quality is much better.

EDIT: ADD

For me, its as much the use of (multiple..) unauthorized pics as it is the suggestion that the work is of the person displaying it...especially when you read a statement of the website..

After physically crafting each element, placing and bracing them, tediously
programming hundreds of thousands of lights to perform with music,
we managed to light up the nights!

(this post copyright July 10th, 2011) :cool::cool::D:P

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Wow! I'm tired of new people not searching the forum for their answers! This is and old outdated topic, that I know if they only search "extension cords, or SPT", There is over 475 combined topics that cover this!

Do we really need another?

I'm not tryng to be a party pooper, but People need to SEARCH!

Are you saying people should search on your web site and see all the content you stole from other people?

dcarter4 sorry your post got hijacked. But there is a lot of good members here to help.
if you need any sequence pm me. for I will share alot of them.
As to everyone post, I have to agree. members should not take advantage of what hard work or what they built and a member shouldn't make it as their own. ny_yankee_25 has made that mistake. So now, he has embarrassed himself. good. it shows his true color.

God helps him should he ask for any help on this forum.

Can we get back to Holiday Lighting. This pileing on is getting a little over the top.

Scott Keon wrote:

my comment wasn't addressed to any one person. I just think the point was made .

Scott, no disrespect intended to you from the others or from me, but you see we have some unwritten rules here - each and every one of us was a newbee at one time, and the only way to move forward safely is to ask questions. What happened here is folks making a STRONG point that this kind of action is not allowed - period ! Some of us have been here many years, worked hard at building a reputation of help fullness and sharing of ideas. Recently one of the old timers got strongly bashed for being a nice guy and the other old timers lashed back to the point Mr. Dan took the lead, said his peace and closed the thread. Its our intention to help, but once in a while a child gets out of line and the other children on the playground let him know not to pick on the new kid.

That said, we are done here guys - except for one more thing -

Ny_Yank ! You did get some really nice people "Ticked Off" - you need to make amends - learn from the experience on the forum - and remove the pics from your web site. My experience with copyright infringement is nothing short of eyeopening. If anyone of the folks here that spoke up wished to contact legal council they could make your life real rough, and costly. Take this kind advice as "Helpful" to you and any other, ask permission before posting anything from someone elses web site, and dont bash any newbees!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing - -- now where did i put that other spreadsheet ?

Jeff's avatar reminded me of a pic I got from a co-worker not too long ago after a rather contentious conference call we were on...as intense as things have been on the forum lately, it seems to apply...

Pic meant all in fun...I'll get the apologies out of the way now in case anyone is offenced...:D

Attached files 252208=13715-kittens.jpg

I just made up some new cords tonight first time for me,anybody thinking of using spt-2 wire go for it very easy to assemble,one problem it goes very fast.I had 350 feet and thought it would get me close.:shock: well that was enough to wire my arches.If you decide to make your own buy double what you think you will need.btw think I may have been the only one working outside when it was still above 90