Light-O-Rama Forums

Where do you buy your extension cords?

dcarter4

evan.a wrote:

dcarter4, I buy my extens...

hay who stole my extension cords. is it that yankee guy again?

just cant leave anything laying around, without it getting stolen.

boy that will be hard to watermark all those cords wow:shock:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Surfing4Dough

• rescue_653

• Donny M. Carter

• rgardner518

Orville wrote:

rescue_653 wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Nope that text is suppose to be there!

That was a hypothetcial statement and I understand claiming your own but it takes a worthless POS to claim someone elses stuff and watermark it!

Unbelievable! I know it isn't nice to call someone a fool, but what kind of fool WATERMARKS photographs that don't belong to them?

That is definitely overstepping the boundaries.

Someone or a few folks are going to be raking in some copyright or intellectual property funds over this one!

Looks like William and any others who have had their photo's "hijacked", then used without permission and now watermarked are going to be able to buy themselves some new LOR goodies, like new controllers or CCR's/CCB's, etc. once the settlement hits! And most folks that do this unscrupulous type of underhanded stupidity end up getting busted and end up paying some high restitutions!

Good Luck Willam and anyone else that may file or are going to file any complaints over this unethical tactic!

p.s. sorry the thread got "hijacked again", but folks like this NEED to be taught a valuable and expen$ive lesson when taking and using things WITHOUT permission to do so!

Not sure intellectual property is involved...but still..they'll probably be millionaires, at minimum....probably some of the biggest settlements on record...huge...record setting...:D:D:cool::cool:;):P

(If not obvious, said with tongue firmly in cheek)

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:
I'm sorry for pissing everyone off! That was not my intentions.....

What was your intention for using everyone else's pics and hard work?

Where on the page: http://www.poestenkill-lights.com/projects.php

Do I lay claim, to owning the pictures, or the content in the pictures?

1. Until today, you didn't have the disclaimer that those aren't your pictures or your content (display items) on your projects page, so it was implied that they were yours.

2. Did you ask permission to use somebody's photos on YOUR website.

3. You don't have to "lay claim" to something to be guilty of stealing it. For example, a thief doesn't have to think or portray that your car is really theirs in order to steal it--instead they just steal YOUR car. (The reality of your situation is, however, that you did watermark your gallery photos with your web address, so you are implying/claiming that they are yours.)

4. This is a community of like-minded individuals, most of which will go above and beyond to help each other. Why would you want to burn that bridge for yourself, or tick off those that have helped you in the past? I hope you have luck finding some very forgiving and/or forgetful individuals here the next time you need help with something. I hope you don't treat your "real" friends that way, or else you must live a lonely life.

5. Your initial actions were just plain rude and inconsiderate (whether intended to be that way or not) but were forgivable if handled appropriately. But worse yet, your behavior after the issue was brought to your attention has been downright pathetic and pompous. Do you not own a camera to go take your own stupid picture of some of your strobes? Is it that important that you show a crate of strobes on your site anyways? What are you trying to prove? Don't worry, you have already proven plenty.

I found this pic of the snow we got last winter. Notice the yard stick next to my wife's mustang. Last time I looked at a yard stick it was 3 feet long. Four feet of snow would cover more than half her car! Compare that to the 4 feet of snow someone else has. This photograph is undisputable!!

MikeH

Attached files 254605=13948-Snow 2010 (2).JPG

MikeH wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
Mike do you really expect us to beleove that's your picture?

It doesn't have a copyright...so yeah, it's mine.

MikeH

Can you believe it?!?!? :shock:

image_1.jpg

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

For starters on your Gallery page you have clearly used a image 190133_10150106497035995_292825310994_6785424_3183816_n.jpg
belonging to High Country Lights that was posted to thier facebook page on March 13, 2011 as seen here http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150106497035995&set=a.417866635994.198008.292825310994&type=1&theater and then you have the audacity to post your watermark on it claiming it to be your strobes. Then you post pictures in your projects page that you are so kind as to not watermark but then you have this nice little disclaimer at the bottom of your website that lays claim to anything on your site. I figure if you had given atleast a little acknowledgment as to who the original owners were it wouldnt be near as bad. Even the picture of High Country Lights strobes had you sucked up your pride and asked instead of acting like Billy Bad A** and basicly telling him to kiss your a** that you were not going to remove it you may have got somewhere. But as I said you are acting like Mr Billy Bad A** and it is quickly leading you down a road you will lose and this road could cost you much more than your pride. Just suck it up admit your fault correct your actions and come out and play with the rest of the kids, because this time out is going to suck!

MikeH wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Here ya go.

Its his WIFE'S mustang..

Busted.

And I bet those are HER strobes HE'S using in HIS display...!

Surfing4Dough wrote:

1. Until today, you didn't have the disclaimer that those aren't your pictures or your content (display items) on your projects page, so it was implied that they were yours.

2. Did you ask permission to use somebody's photos on YOUR website.

3. You don't have to "lay claim" to something to be guilty of stealing it. For example, a thief doesn't have to think or portray that your car is really theirs in order to steal it--instead they just steal YOUR car. (The reality of your situation is, however, that you did watermark your gallery photos with your web address, so you are implying/claiming that they are yours.)

4. This is a community of like-minded individuals, most of which will go above and beyond to help each other. Why would you want to burn that bridge for yourself, or tick off those that have helped you in the past? I hope you have luck finding some very forgiving and/or forgetful individuals here the next time you need help with something. I hope you don't treat your "real" friends that way, or else you must live a lonely life.

5. Your initial actions were just plain rude and inconsiderate (whether intended to be that way or not) but were forgivable if handled appropriately. But worse yet, your behavior after the issue was brought to your attention has been downright pathetic and pompous. Do you not own a camera to go take your own stupid picture of some of your strobes? Is it that important that you show a crate of strobes on your site anyways? What are you trying to prove? Don't worry, you have already proven plenty.

I'd say he's a tad too late surf'n! Especially if those he used WITHOUT permission have a copy(screenshot) of his original webpage that DID NOT have such a disclaimer (and I'll bet they do too!), but to "watermark" photo's that aren't yours!?! Who boy, that is the dumbest thing I've seen anyone do! And I'm sure most folks that may opt or are pressing the issue of copyright or *intellectual property infringement get everything they deserve and then some!

I know a photo can be labeled as copyright, *HOWEVER the content in the photo is what could be considered intellectual property if a person designed and created the item/effect in the photo. Many folks don't really realize this aspect of a photo that was taken and used without permission on a webpage, blog, forum, etc.

So this could very well be a two-fold process under litigation laws.

At least I take my own photo's of items I *do* own, if I don't have the item and need it for an example, I always ask for permission whenever possible, sometimes some sites just don't have a way to contact them, then it gets a little more difficult to get that permission(but I try), but anyone that would just take photo's from this site or anyone elses, watermark them and use them on a webpage or anywhere else without at least asking first, that's as low as you can get in my book.

I hope those folks that are bringing this to the table all come out way on top, as again, I think this is as low as one can truly get, well maybe there is a way they could get even lower but I won't get into those aspects on a "family friendly" site.

p.s. any takers on when Dan or one of the LOR Admins close down this thread?:)

Orville wrote:

p.s. any takers on when Dan or one of the LOR Admins close down this thread?:)

You do know that this topic has been going on (in various threads) since the beginning of the month right?

Surfing4Dough wrote:

MikeH wrote:
Donny M. Carter wrote:

MikeH

image_1.jpg

Well, I guess it's not mine any more. :)

DonFL wrote:

MikeH wrote:
Donny M. Carter wrote:

Here ya go.

Its his WIFE'S mustang..

Busted.

And I bet those are HER strobes HE'S using in HIS display...!

You are sooo right. I paid for it, but it's HER car!

MikeH

I'm following suite now that I've said my peace and going to relase this thread from being a hostage anymore. That being said I did see a comment that http://foleyfamilychristmas.com/wlc-ventures-the-store-page/2010-vampire-plug-co-op/ still has some extra wire that is not sold. I think $125 is a heck of a deal for 1000' of SPT2

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

It's not on that page, HOWEVER you have this disclaimer on your HOME PAGE that resounds of YOU OWNING ALL PHOTOS AND CONTENT from ALL PAGES on your site: (and yes, I took and copied this WITHOUT permission to VERIFY and PROVE OTHERS HERE HAVE A VALID and LEGAL CLAIM HERE). As this statement would, I can guarantee you be used against you in a court of law. And it's too late to remove it now, as I'm sure those thinking of or actually bringing litigation have a screenshot of this very page and your statement below.

Use of Website Material: Duplication of text, photos, or other content from any part of this website is prohibited without the written permission of the Webmaster. Unauthorized use will be prosecuted in accordance to "The Copyright Act" (codified at Title 17 of the United States Code). If you have questions, please contact the webmaster at the follow address: webmaster@poestenkill-lights.com

Copyright Poestenkill-Lights.com© 2011 All rights reserved

So by your own statements on your own home page you are laying claim to all criteria on ANY and ALL pages of your website are soley owned and copyrighted by you. Seems you've made a dreadful error that's going to cost you nore than you really know if any of these folks decide to bring this to litigation and I can bet there are going to be some that will and are.

I sure would not want to be in your place for any amount of money. I've seen the results of such lawsuits, and they aren't very kind to the person that perpatrated using items without getting written and documented permission to do so.

I think your luck may have just run out.

Sorry for the re-hijack, but this NEEDED to be brought out!

Back to your regularly scheduled Extension cord thread....

Surfing4Dough wrote:

MikeH wrote:
Donny M. Carter wrote:

MikeH

image_1.jpg
thats the best one yet