Light-O-Rama Forums

Snow tubes

BrownOut

I have 25 48" retro fit snow tubes coming in today via UPS. How many of you are using them as part of your display? I have seen some in the background of your videos. Do they look best far apart in a tree? Or close together?

Thanks- Logan

I'm still a lightweight and novice on the lighting front but I did use two sets of 12 six inch tubes last year in my big tree and got a ton of comments on them. So much so I've ordered another 5 sets for this year.

Mike A.

I have mine grouped vertically along the support pole in the middle of my megatree (its trunk so to speak), and activate them when I activate strobes, etc. at key points in some of the musical selections.

I don't run them all the time, in fact I run them infrequently, so they make a bigger impact when they are on..

When you power them on at the same time they all drip together. I bet you could use them to make a fireworks burst pretty easy.

BrownOut wrote:

When you power them on at the same time they all drip together. I bet you could use them to make a fireworks burst pretty easy.

Depending on the tubes.. Greg Renna's have adjustable speed and delay pots, so each can go at its own rate...

I use the snow tubes in my display and there is definately a "wow" factor when they come on. I have about 36 (assorted sizes) and I string them horizontally across 4 large oak trees suspended by a rope at the front of the display. As Greg said, I use them infrequently so as not too lose the novelty. As far as using them as a fireworks burst, I found that they move too slowly for my liking.

I bought some tubes that I will use to outline my roof.
I plan on leaving them on for the entire show.
Mine start out dripping together but change after a few seconds so they "should" be random for most of the show.

I bought 18 boxes of 3 foot falling led tubes from shopko.I plan to string cables 10 foot and 20 foot up between my 2-20 foot mega tree`s this year.Regularly priced at $80 a box.I bought a bunch of these at $23.99 a box.They went all the way down to $8 a box after christmas clearance sales.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
Man those are cool. I just ordered some stuff from Ray. Might have to order them next!

I just got an email that my "Ray" order shipped. YeeeHaaawwwwww! Now to sit back and do nothing until lights arrive in three weeks... :shock:

Jeff

Take some pics!!

How many channels does it take for the tubes? I'm a newbie and as you can tell by my pic, I'm not that bright. lol

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
are these the same ones they had hanging up at the NJ Mini?

I don't recall seeing them Jim. Were they with Ken Lovely and Chuck Note's stuff? Ken was the match that lit the Ray Wu frenzy... There's some neat schtuff dere! The problem with the ones I linked to is they're so short. Logan's tubes are 48" long. I'd love to have a similar item with RGB LEDs.

Jeff

Jeff / Jim. No, those were not from Ray. The multi color tubes (hanging from the front tent) were from Val. The ones that outlined the back tent were from Paul - I believe.

There is currently an intrest thread running over on DYIC for some kits. They are called FAST - 'finally affordable snow tibes'. I believe the total cost of a 48" would be around the $15 mark.

jbzeus wrote:

Who's Greg Renner

ME! (it's actually Greg Renna...but you and every other person gets it wrong so no harm to foul)

www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com

;)