Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Post a picture of your Animation Window in LOR

Guest guest

Robin wrote:

Well would be nice except I don't know who you are and robogeek just doesn't cut it.

:{

Guest guest

Robin wrote:

Well would be nice except I don't know who you are and robogeek just doesn't cut it.

Well would RoboNerd or RoboDork be better. I might prefer RoboNerd as now I can sing Wierd Al's Song White and Nerdy, It suits me well.

Besides I haven't left this county in quite some time as work is always calling when you own your own business.
My wife and I travel lots. We rarely are in the same county for the entire week. I guess thats where we are different.

Guest guest

An idea I came up with before using my Animation Window...

Take a picture of your home and open it up in an editing program. Cut and paste images of your displays onto this picture, so you can move them around and get a visual with a click of the mouse. When you're satisfied, then open up your Animation Window and fill in your squares.

My top and bottom rows of icicle lights are on two channels, my mini trees each have their own channel, and I have my runway lights on another channel.

I made the Toy Soldiers out of plywood, the same with the other displays. You can't quite see, because the lights are not on, but there is a 12 foot Christmas tree with 1800 clear lights sitting in the front living room.

Attached files 89729=5411-ChristmasFutureAnimation.JPG

Guest guest

I haven't fooled around with that LOR feature since I just got started using the software just two months ago and really needed to get on my music sequences.

I might try to fool with it now that most of my music is done.

Does each little sqaure represent a channel?

Guest guest

John Pidliskey wrote:

Does each little sqaure represent a channel?

Acutally each little square represents whatever channel you want it to you have to paint them in like a picture, and in the end you have a nice visualization that helps you sequence your music. It helps emmensly if you draw your animation window accurately enough to picture your house. and then when you play back your sequences you get to see much more what they look like than just seeing them on a the grid.

Guest guest

Here's mine. One window (two panes), a dancing santa on one pane, and a person playing guitar on the other. The characters don't look like blobs when the channels are firing in the right order. 40 channels, 2300 lights, 8 electric candles.

window1.jpg

ssdf

Guest guest

Here's mine. Peppermint candy theme this year, 48 channels.

doug

Attached files 90774=5495-anim.jpg

Guest guest

This is my screen/layout - enjoy!

48 Channels

Song List (All TSO):

1 Requiem (the Fifth)
2 O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night
3 A Mad Russian's Christmas
4 Queen Of The Winter Night
5 Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24
6 Wizards In Winter

Total Time 21:40 with 8:20 filler animation (repeat every 1/2 hour).

Attached files 97099=5854-Sequence WindowS.jpg

Guest guest

This is mine. First year and 48 channels. 5 songs programmed. The house and gardens are fairly to scale.

Attached files 97193=5860-untitled.JPG

Guest guest

markm wrote:

This is mine. First year and 48 channels. 5 songs programmed. The house and gardens are fairly to scale.

OMG -- PONIES!!! You have PONIES!!!

Guest guest

My first year with LOR, too. 16 channels.
Our house has an 18 foot waterwheel on the side, so of course I had to light it up with rope light. Last year I had a Noma DLS running it, and this year I switch to LOR.
The white trail on the side of the wheel is 4 sets of icicle lights, which get animated as water. The seven blobs are giant christmas bulbs on the front porch.

Dean

Attached files 97242=5865-anim.gif

Guest guest

Here is mine
144 channels

Not to exact scale but all elements are present

JOel

Attached files 97248=5866-VixPrvw.jpg

Guest guest

Here is mine, 48 channels.

Animation%20Screen.JPG

The roof lines are blue and white icicle lights. There are blue LED snowflakes in the two peaks. The red thing over the garage is Santa, sleigh and reindeer. The other red blob beside the garage is a train. Nine mini-trees on the left. There is a snowman in the window on the left and the multi-colored blobs at the bottom are two trees with 4 color light strings.

Guest guest

Ponies? Yeah! I got your "ponies" right HERE!:)
I specifically said the house and gardens were to scale. I knew there would be a winner on the forum insisting the obligatory stag and doe were dragons or something. Ponies....
hmmmmm....draggoooonnns......with shimmering-blue C7 bulb eyes and a big toothy mouth hiding a quarter-inch copper line to a remote propane tank for a REAL fire-breathing effect! Maybe a remote control to the valve servo to singe anybody's little darlings who stray too close.... BuWahahaaaaaa!! That's entertainment!! I'll start by cannibalizing the "ponies".