Light-O-Rama Forums

upgrade pricing

Scott Keon

Don wrote:

Scott Keon wrote:
will there be upgrade pricing for current s2 users?
If I was able to hear Dan correctly at dinner this past Thursday night, users who bought the LOR software in the past year will get a free upgrade to S3. Those who have owned it longer than a year would pay an upgrade fee. The number I heard was $20.
I know this is an old post, but I've been thinking about this upgrade to S3. If I bought my S2 software from a different vendor, would I still qualify for the free upgrade if within a year?

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

I know this is an old post, but I've been thinking about this upgrade to S3. If I bought my S2 software from a different vendor, would I still qualify for the free upgrade if within a year?

MikeH

I don't think that's been communicated to the LOR Partners yet.

If I had a hunch as to the answer ... Dan makes the call on what to charge the Partners for the upgrade, and then each Partner would set their own price.

(All of that said, I'd be surprised if you had to pay for the software bought from another Partner. Each one runs their own business, though.)

We just had a Mini in FLorida on Saturday, and the word that was thrown around by one of the LOR programmers was "SOON" "Soon" "SOON":shock:

What is the definition of soon in Florida? I live in software country (Seattle Area (Microsoft, Amazon...etc) and soon is counted in Months around here.

Well, thats a great question, since SOON was coming from the lips of a programmer! His end of the solution, the visualizer was done...and thats all he "could" or "would" speak to

Soon. Trust me. Soon.

We are working on finalizing the whole thing now, and are trying not to put more new features in. We have 1 change left that we have not decided yet if it will go in with the initial release or later. If it does, some more testing of it with the beta people.

Soon.

thevikester wrote:

We just had a Mini in FLorida on Saturday, and the word that was thrown around by one of the LOR programmers was "SOON" "Soon" "SOON":shock:

When and where did this happen? I was on a list over at PC and never seen anything about where, when or time? I knew we had suggested the Orlando area and if I'd have know where, when and time I would have probably been there.

Guess I missed it! :P

EDIT: The forum is moving SLOWER than a snails pace today (Monday 9/12 2:08pm Eastern Daylight Time).

Orville wrote:

When and where did this happen? I was on a list over at PC and never seen anything about where, when or time? I knew we had suggested the Orlando area and if I'd have know where, when and time I would have probably been there.

Guess I missed it! :P

EDIT: The forum is moving SLOWER than a snails pace today (Monday 9/12 2:08pm Eastern Daylight Time).

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum81/26628.html

thevikester wrote:

Thats funny...Orville, you were on the thread saying you could attend...:D

EDIT: I removed the incorrect info as yes, I did.

BUT, although it was My Error, as yes I saw the post, but guess I forgot. Would have been nice if an E-MAIL reminder would have been sent.

Otherwise I would have been there.

Can't even think of what I may have been doing Saturday 9/10 when this was going on and it's just up the road from me since I live in Seminole County myself.

Sorry I ended up missing it, but I have so much going on if I don't get e-mail reminders I end up missing something, and so missed this and I really wanted to attend too. Maybe the next one if I'm lucky enough to remember it!