Light-O-Rama Forums

upgrade pricing

Scott Keon

Scott Keon wrote:

will there be upgrade pricing for current s2 users?

If I was able to hear Dan correctly at dinner this past Thursday night, users who bought the LOR software in the past year will get a free upgrade to S3.

Those who have owned it longer than a year would pay an upgrade fee. The number I heard was $20.

Good software is always worth paying for.

I'd love to get a sweetheart upgrade deal, but I'll be fine if I don't. I just can't wait to get my hands on the channel grouping feature. Might have to make the leap to playing with RGB too.

I think $20 is more than reasonable for the new features in S3. I know I've paid a lot more than that to upgrade other software packages with not nearly the increase in capability...

$20 isn't bad!!! I figured the upgrade fee would be more around $50 or $60. And from what I saw in the video the other day when I watched it, I think the $20 fee is an awesome deal for what we will be getting! I would have been happy to pay $60 for an upgrade like this one.

t purser wrote:

hummm lets see i bought mine on 1/5/11 ooooooooooo goody

Too bad S3 will be released 1/6/12:P

Paul Roberson wrote:

t purser wrote:
hummm lets see i bought mine on 1/5/11 ooooooooooo goody

Too bad S3 will be released 1/6/12:P

lol :?

MikeH

I cant find the email for the S2 Advanced level upgrade I did.. I'm pretty sure I did it the beginning of 2011.. Still got a couple folders to look in..

nm.. found it.. Feb 14, '11 :cool:

Don wrote:

Scott Keon wrote:
will there be upgrade pricing for current s2 users?

If I was able to hear Dan correctly at dinner this past Thursday night, users who bought the LOR software in the past year will get a free upgrade to S3.

Those who have owned it longer than a year would pay an upgrade fee. The number I heard was $20.

What if you bought it at last year's summer sale, do I still get free upgrade sinse the sale is a little later this year?

scubado wrote:

What if you bought it at last year's summer sale, do I still get free upgrade sinse the sale is a little later this year?

That's a Dan question.

If it's based on the date, then you would be paying the $20.

wasn't the SuperStar software max ccr's 300.00?
I thought I would be paying 130.00 for S3.
When I heard LOR bought Superstar, I figured at least 300.00
and I would buy it in a second.
I'm not rich, but if it's only 100/120... I'm happy as can be!:D

I wonder if we get to try all the 'auto features' that's been mentioned recently in the demo version?! :D

If I am only using CTB16PC units what new features would the S3 software give me compared to the current S2 software I am now using? Sorry if this have been covered somewhere else just have been busy with life and I am just trying to get caught up with all the changes happening.

Is there a comparison sheet of current features of S2 has on the CTB16PC units and or other new controller units and what new features S3 has or allows on newer controller units?

I guess what I am really asking is what are the benefits of the new software with current controllers and is it worth upgrading the software or do you only get the benefits of the new software with new controllers?

toddmoon wrote:

I guess what I am really asking is what are the benefits of the new software with current controllers and is it worth upgrading the software or do you only get the benefits of the new software with new controllers?

here is a short video that Bob put out showing some of the new features:

http://www.lightorama.com/LOR3Demo/WhatsNewInLOR3.swf

I beleive the new software will work on any of the LOR controllers...