Light-O-Rama Forums

radio sign

james campbell

I realize that the fm sign is about the most important thing in the display.If people can't hear the music then whats the use.I think I am going to use something like logans sign,with some added features around it to get peoples attention.I am using two signs as well.I will post pics soon

Mine is made out of a 2x4 frame the front and back are are made out of 1/2 2'x2' plywood. I cut the letters out of ther front, The outside is painted in black the inside is white and the cutout edges are white. I covered the inside of the front with plexiglass to seal up the cutout holes. I light mine up with 4 of the rainbow led spots run back to a DC board and it randomly changes colors. I wihsed I had a closer pic but this is it.
Sign.jpg

rescue_653 wrote:

I wished I had a closer pic but this is it.
Sign.jpg

Your sign is great. Even in this picture you can read it far away. I like that your can color change it.

BrownOut wrote:

rescue_653 wrote:
I wished I had a closer pic but this is it.
Sign.jpg

Your sign is great. Even in this picture you can read it far away. I like that your can color change it.
Im the first house on the road when you turn in but it is about 400 ft from the intersection to where the sign is mounted and you can read it right after you turn on the road so it does really work good.

We at HolidayCoro.com would like to offer LOR users up to 34% off our easy to assemble and ultra-viewable radio signs. Just enter discount code 7848721-3678811 at checkout when you purchase any of our Radio Signs, with or without mounting frames for a $7 off discount.

More details, including assembly instructions at:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/RadioSign.asp

Offer details: Offer only valid through July 31st, 2011. Discount cannot be combined with any other percent-off or dollar discounts.

RadioSign-Front-Daytime.JPGRadioSignAngle.JPG

I had this one made last year. It has two faces - Halloween and of course Christmas.

Attached files 253167=13814-Misc 195.jpg

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

I had this one made last year. It has two faces - Halloween and of course Christmas.

Love this one Dave.

did you have the actual sign made up somewhere locally?

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

You use candy cane posts for Halloween?? B)

Dan C wrote:

Here is mine.

100_8764.jpg

100_8770.jpg

Love this one as well. Where did you have the sign made and would you mind if I copy it?

Mark Showalter wrote:

Here's mine.

Mark, is that backlit, or just the color that makes it look like that. Very nice.

I had a friend that owns a sign shop "donate" it to the cause. As for candy canes for Halloween - yep so far. Gives something for people to harass me about. Plus all i have to do is swap out the face plates.

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

I had a friend that owns a sign shop "donate" it to the cause. As for candy canes for Halloween - yep so far. Gives something for people to harass me about. Plus all i have to do is swap out the face plates.

Hey Dave, why not just get rid of the red stripes and use two different color rope lights for the stripes (Orange and Red)? That way you could have Orange on for Halloween and then Red for Christmas. Then you could really foul up the harassers.:P

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

That's a capital idea. Will increase light count too! Will give it some thought.

And if you really want to mess with 'em, you could sequence them to alternate between red and orange too, for either Halloween or Christmas.:cool::P

Orville wrote:

Dave Batzdorf wrote:
That's a capital idea. Will increase light count too! Will give it some thought.

And if you really want to mess with 'em, you could sequence them to alternate between red and orange too, for either Halloween or Christmas.:cool::P
Put some blue and white and you've got 4th of July, orrrr better yet, add a little green for st. patty's day!

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

Would be easy to just wrap the pvc canes in some sort of black plastic for the short term halloween display (could probably even just tape it on since the weather is much more favorable in October). Trying to think of some sort of thin walled black plastic pipe that you could slice one side to allow you to have an easy sleeve to put over it (something similar to corrugated black drain pipe, but would be nicer yet if it could be smooth).
OtherProducts_BlackPipe2.gif