Light-O-Rama Forums

radio sign

james campbell

I need some pics of your fm tune to signs. I am not crazy about the coro peg board type. was thinking of a sign with just a flood light on it..... but would likr to see yours to get ideas of what some may look like. thanks

Simple sign from Home Depot with reflective lettering. The metal frame is lined with red & green LED strings. I have two flood lights on it.

Attached files 250940=13629-klw-holiday-lights-_673346c.jpg

Here's how I did mine, 18X24 sign holder from HD, same size plexiglas, blank coro sheet, mini light back lit, wood strips to hold the coro.

Attached files 250944=13630-IMG_0788.JPG

• Like 1

Here is what mine looks like!
1.jpg

2.jpg

Tape was temporary for the picture.

3.jpg

I had six bulbs when I started, but realized ti was WAY to much!

4.jpg

Mine really sucks now- I have started building a candy cane frame for it. Thanks for the cool pics and ideas everyone.

BrownOut wrote:

Mine really sucks now- I have started building a candy cane frame for it. Thanks for the cool pics and ideas everyone.

I like yours Logan, It really pops white on black simple but effective

t purser wrote:

this isn t mine i saw it on facebook thought it looked neet

Wow! I'd love to know where they got those GIANT LED Digital Segments for their display. Although I'd prefer to get them in another color, like Blue or Green.

Those are some BIG Digits!

Currently I just use an old Beta Brite sign sitting inside on my windowsill.
  • Like 1

I think a lot of people fall short with their tune-to sign. I think they need to be visible from 3-4 houses away, unless you have no traffic at all.

When people drive up and can't figure out what to tune their radio to, they drive in front of other viewers and this causes problems. If you have a good sign, viewable from a good distance away ... then it helps a lot.

This is a pretty good solution for a good price: http://www.holidaycoro.com/RadioSign.asp

I think the best sign just contains the frequency xx.xx FM or "TUNE TO xx.xx FM" ... and thats it. Too much information is confusing and most people really can't read it.

This was my first attemp at a radio sign.

Didn't like it and had lots of people tell me they didn't notice it.

Attached files 251273=13662-IMG_4443.JPG

Then I went with this...

Everyone saw it and commented on the fact that it was very noticeable.

PLUS>>>> I can control it with LOR and do anything I want to attract attention to it... Flash it, Fad, etc....

Attached files 251274=13663-radio sign 2010.JPG

Here are mine. Ugly, but effective:
IMG_2248.JPG
The older one (on the left) uses "rice" lights on the frequency digits. The other uses red LEDs.

This is the back of the LED version:
IMG_2255.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh Crud This blows Add one add another Niether come thru right... Night Photo... I hope...

Attached files 252925=13792-DSC00003.JPG

Here's the one I made. I made a candy cane frame for it out of 4' pvc but its not in this picture.

Attached files 252928=13793-jakes sign.jpg

james campbell wrote:

I need some pics of your fm tune to signs. I am not crazy about the coro peg board type. was thinking of a sign with just a flood light on it..... but would likr to see yours to get ideas of what some may look like. thanks

You might not be crazy about coro signs, but they're VERY visible without being obnoxious if they're positioned to be seen by traffic approaching the property. I agree completely with Taybrynn's advice - once people are in front of the house it's too late, and then they block the sign so others can't see it. I put one on each end of the display facing the on-coming traffic. Here's a pic:

Attached files 252932=13796-DSCN3545.JPG