Light-O-Rama Forums

First Showing

Guest guest

Brad:

Congratulations, dcan you give us the specs on your setup besides the incredible audio system. Ex. #lights, channels, configuration.....etc? Also, did you setup all the lights yourself, or did you direct Six Flag staff in the setup?

BTW: I live about 10 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure In Jackson NJ, If you want to give the SF folks a NJ contact, I'd Like to be the first to volunteer. They do a really good Fright fest. They use to do a drive through light exhibit, but stopped it a few years ago when they needed the parking lots in the winter to store the parts for all the new roller coasters. It wasn't synched to music, but it was very large.

MichaelC wrote:

BTW: I live about 10 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure In Jackson NJ, If you want to give the SF folks a NJ contact, I'd Like to be the first to volunteer. They do a really good Fright fest. They use to do a drive through light exhibit, but stopped it a few years ago when they needed the parking lots in the winter to store the parts for all the new roller coasters. It wasn't synched to music, but it was very large.

Me too! I live about an hour or so away. I've been there 3 times including during fright fest, and they put on a pretty good show

Thanks,
Greg

MichaelC wrote:

Brad:

Congratulations, dcan you give us the specs on your setup besides the incredible audio system. Ex. #lights, channels, configuration.....etc? Also, did you setup all the lights yourself, or did you direct Six Flag staff in the setup?

Started Small (for what they want now )

4-LOR1602W 30 Amp

6 totally dedicated 20amp circuits

5-ELL's

64 Channels total, of which I have 6 left over (for now)

40,000+ Mini lights

All Wireless connections

Covering 4 oak trees (35-45' tall)

15 bushes

4 Christmas trees

4-15'diameter star shaped planters

and about 200' of stage edging

I talked to one of the sound techs tonight.. 22 speakers, 6 subwoofers and about 16,000 watts of Amplifiers. (Dang, it's good that there aren't any neighbors around )

80% of the work was done by me. (programming, designing, and installing) I had a few people helping on a couple of days.

rstephenrrtx wrote:

Way to go Brad!

I got bummed today when I got my Six Flags email
http://view.email.sixflagsemails.com/?ffcb10-fec3157672610c7c-fe1f15787d6d057f7c1579-ff051773746506

and there was not mention of the Holiday in the Park Dancing Lights. Maybe next year!:laughing:

3 days and counting. Good luck!

rns

Yeah, well, I hope that it's because no one from Corporate has seen it yet. I ran the full show last night for the dancers for the front gate show, and got a standing ovation from them. Friday night will be the final test. The first showing before a live audience. That is, if I can ever get the Entertainment people to tell me WHEN I run my show. (They aren't talking to me because I beat them to this idea )