Light-O-Rama Forums

First Showing

Guest guest

Last night for the first time, I set up my equipment at Six Flags at the front gate and ran through the show in the dark after park closing. It was a disaster at first. Nothing worked. Channels were missing cues, sticking on, half would twinkle and half stayed on. Nothing worked. Went to the Hardware utility and tweaked the ELL's. Changed channels, Changed power output, fiddled with the speed, reset the boards...

Hit the right combination and BOOM.. Everything ran PERFECT.

I got to do the one thing that I don't think that anyone else has been able to do yet. And this is the advantage of working at a theme park.

22 Concert sized speakers, Professional mixer board, no telling how many thousands of watts of amplifiers and no neighbors to complain.

TSO's Queen of the winter night with the ground shaking.

One of the people that stopped and watched and loved the show turned out to be the Corporate VP of Six Flags in charge of shows and entertainment. Dan, expect more orders after Christmas. I have already been told that I didn't get enough controllers the first time around.:laughing:

For all the advice, information and support from this group... I thank you.

Don wrote:

Brad ...

You must get me into the park this year.. You know, to help troubleshoot!

Shouldn't all of us Texans go up and help out?!?! :laughing:

I'm just your 3 hour away neighbor after all...

rns

kb9nvh wrote:

is this the 6 flags in dallas

Six Flags over Texas. Actually located in Arlington Texas between Dallas and Fort Worth. Right next door to the Texas Rangers and about to be around the corner from the Cowboys. Once their new stadium is built.

I just happened to be there staying in the sleep Inn across from the park in early Dec. last year (during that ice storm last year). That storm was the day before I flew out... It was fun staying next to the park....at first it was warm and rides were going...The next day cold and no life at the park..

cool! i'll be in that area for Thanksgiving - you say the display is "at the front gate", is it possible to get a peak of it without actually buying a ticket and going in?

i'd love to check it out, but won't have time to play at six flags :(

-joules

Brad Bilger wrote:

Last night for the first time, I set up my equipment at Six Flags at the front gate and ran through the show in the dark after park closing. It was a disaster at first. Nothing worked. Channels were missing cues, sticking on, half would twinkle and half stayed on. Nothing worked. Went to the Hardware utility and tweaked the ELL's. Changed channels, Changed power output, fiddled with the speed, reset the boards...

Hit the right combination and BOOM.. Everything ran PERFECT.

I got to do the one thing that I don't think that anyone else has been able to do yet. And this is the advantage of working at a theme park.

22 Concert sized speakers, Professional mixer board, no telling how many thousands of watts of amplifiers and no neighbors to complain.

TSO's Queen of the winter night with the ground shaking.

One of the people that stopped and watched and loved the show turned out to be the Corporate VP of Six Flags in charge of shows and entertainment. Dan, expect more orders after Christmas. I have already been told that I didn't get enough controllers the first time around.:laughing:

For all the advice, information and support from this group... I thank you.

Brad,

Great news.... If you have time, could you send me an email with the problems that you had which could/should have been addressed in our software... Also do you know if you have he latest version of firmware for the ELLs.

Texas has had a number of commercial LOR projects this year. For those who attended the State Fair you may have noticed the Midway Light Show... A 50+ LOR controller installation with sound, lights and more....

Hi Brad. I completely spaced on this earlier...but what song line up are you unleashing on those unsuspecting "Holiday in the Park" patrons? ("Merry Christmas 'yall. Now hold on to yer boots!") :D

And why didn't you get a featured page on SixFlags.com?!? We should all protest. LOL!:D At least a small video clip should be there...

I wish I could take the family this year...but it's not in the cards. After all, someone has to go skiing! :laughing:

rns

rstephenrrtx wrote:

Hi Brad. I completely spaced on this earlier...but what song line up are you unleashing on those unsuspecting "Holiday in the Park" patrons? ("Merry Christmas 'yall. Now hold on to yer boots!") :D

And why didn't you get a featured page on SixFlags.com?!? We should all protest. LOL!:D At least a small video clip should be there...

I wish I could take the family this year...but it's not in the cards. After all, someone has to go skiing! :laughing:

rns

Christmas Eve - Sarajevo - TSO

Carol of the Bells - Manheim Steamroller

Wizards of Winter - TSO

Queen of the Winter night - TSO

Wish Lizt - TSO (this is one that I ran the volume WAY up :shock:)

And working on about 3 more at this time. As for the blurb on the Six Flags web site.. Well.... Heres the story about that. I talked my boss into hitting the park manager up about using LOR in the park. The park manager said SURE. Corporate didn't know about it, until I ran my dry run the other night in the park, when the Corporated VP in charge of Entertainment happened to be in the park. NOW, I got word that on December 2, EVERYONE FROM CORPORATE IS FLYING DOWN FROM NY TO SEE THE SHOW! (panic attack) I think that I made a pretty good splash with the VP. Like I said earlier. Dan can expect some more orders after the first of the year. I plan on advertising like hell during the run at the park

Way cool!:waycool:

Now I REALLY wish we could be there.

Good luck with the "suits". I bet they will try to mimic this in all the parks. In fact, I smell a promotion to "Master Christmas Light Decorator person". :laughing:

rns

Ok, I am really pumped about going to Six Flags in December now!! Where is the show happening at in the park? The main entrance.... by the fountain or else where in the park? Can't wait to check it out!!

matt tyndall wrote:

Ok, I am really pumped about going to Six Flags in December now!! Where is the show happening at in the park? The main entrance.... by the fountain or else where in the park? Can't wait to check it out!!

Just inside the front gate. Around the fountain in front of the Merry Go Round. If you remember the big fountain in the middle of the grassy area. The show is in the grassy area, (30' Trees, and Star shaped planters) the bushes along side the courtyard, and all across the merry go round and the stage area at the front gate. Where all the choirs and bands perform at.

When you get there, look for me.. Can't miss me. Just look for the biggest guy out there. (6'6", 280 pounds)

Brad Bilger wrote:

[snip] When you get there, look for me.. Can't miss me. Just look for the biggest guy out there. (6'6", 280 pounds)

Hummmm... glad things worked :shock: ... just kidding :D

Brad, thanks for for mentioning us. It is much appreciated!