Light-O-Rama Forums

Frames for Singing Pumpkin Faces

Tracy West

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

Very nice! What type of minis and how many?

Thank you!

Wide angle LED blue lights. I want to say about 15 strands of lights.

Tracy West wrote:

Dave Batzdorf wrote:
Very nice! What type of minis and how many?

Thank you!

Wide angle LED blue lights. I want to say about 15 strands of lights.

They look almost purple in the picture... was that 15 strands of 50ct, 70ct, or 100ct?

I suppose I cheated a little bit, but I didn't need anything big. I ordered and built the Monster Quartet from HolidayCoro. I had the clear minis available and have learned to not like rope light and zip ties much.

They are just 46 by 46 inches. Perfect for my yard. Of course, getting 18 sequences is a huge time saver.

Now, to finish up the big Pumpkin face and the eight little pumpkins for the other side of the yard.

I went the 3/4" pvc and cattle wire route, happy with my frame and faces. thanks to a zip tie gun and monoprice zip ties, real inexpensive to build. thanks to my friends at WoWLights ALL the sequences I had purchased from them were upgraded to 32 channel face config for free.

• 4 weeks later...

I am almost done with the build up!

I still have 32 channels to plug into the controllers. :shock:

First test run should be Tues or Wed. I hope we have the no wind and high humidity like we had today when I video the show! :dude:

Attached files 268914=14898-DSCN2501.JPG

vvolf27 wrote:

That looks fantastic, cant wait to see the video. Great job.

I second this. Outstanding job and I too can't wait to see the video.

Thanks! :P

If I can get the rest of the electrical cords plugged into the controllers. I have about 33 to go! :shock:

Tracy West wrote:

First test run should be Tues or Wed. I hope we have the no wind and high humidity like we had today when I video the show! :dude:

Where did you get your tombstones? I especially like the markers with the bodies coming out of the ground.

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

Tracy West wrote:

Where did you get your tombstones? I especially like the markers with the bodies coming out of the ground.

MikeH

Look like ones that Spirit Halloween Stores sell. At least the one next door to me has those types and those "ground breakers" for sale. Not cheap though. I just can't see paying $20+ for "styrofoam" tombstones. So call me cheap, I buy mine at Walgreen's 2/$5 (medium sizes) or 3/$10 (a little larger).

We had a Garden Ridge open here a few days ago, fantastic Christmas selection, but they figured it was pointless to bring in Halloween stock because it wouldn't sell! When I asked them where there Halloween stuff was, said not this year since we just opened in October and give the aforementioned reason why.

I told the guy stocking, they made a BIG mistake as a lot of folks would be looking and BUYING a lot of stuff over the next few weeks in preparation of Halloween. And that I'll bet more folks are going to be asking where the Halloween decor is located, while chatting with him about my display and what we do, in less than 15 minutes time, at least 20+ people interupted us asking, "Where's the Halloween stuff?". I just said, see, I told you they made a HUGE mistake in NOT bringing in the Halloween decor.

This is the first Garden Ridge in the Orlando, Florida area too, I was impressed with all the Christmas Blowmolds and other Christmas decor that they have in there! I also saw a nice 6' pre decorated tree that is set up just like a mega tree, except it's all one set of lights and that I could re-do and turn into a nice small LOR Mega Tree too. Think they were charging around $19.99-$29.99 for this item.

Just know browsing their Christmas goodies gave me some new and fresh ideas for my display this year in 2011.

For those in the Orlando area and don't know about the store or where the store is, it is located on East Colonial Drive(don't know the actual physical address), they bought out and took over the old Amazon Mall or whatever they called it. There is a Krystal restaurant in the NW corner and is at the intersection of Rouse Road and Highway 50 (E. Colonial Drive). If heading East on 50 towards Bithlo, it's on the right hand side of S.R. 50.

The smaller tombstones are from Walgreens as well as the the grave gouls. They were like 10 bucks. Very cheap.

The larger tombstones.... I have had for 4 years. I truly don't remember where I bought those. I know they were not very expensive either. The bulk of my expense was in my lighting and the LOR equipment. :P