Light-O-Rama Forums

What's New in S3...

jimswinder

Thanks Bob for the heads up...can't wait to buy it and get to using it!!!!!!!!!!

The new Visualizer looks FANTASTIC!!!!

And can't wait to get my CCB's and use the Superstar Sequencer!!!!

Hat's off to the whole gang at LOR!!

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/26821.html

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• Paul Roberson

• LOR Staff

Pretty cool. Channel groups look pretty useful. And Jim you don't need to stress any longer about your procrastination on this year's sequences because you can just do "Instant" sequences. :)

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Pretty cool. Channel groups look pretty useful. And Jim you don't need to stress any longer about your procrastination on this year's sequences because you can just do "Instant" sequences. :)

All I can say is WOW!!!!

I got goose bumps watching Bob's Presentation!!!

Almost shed a few tears too :)

Thank's Bob - Looks AWESOME!!!! LOVE the object direction it is going.

What it the time frame / WAG? - This year / Next Year / this decade ...
Will the grids be customizable? - I have a grid of RGB 30 by 20 I would like to use this with for a sign.
Will E1.31 be support in this out of the box?
Price?

Harrison

Interesting that the screenshots of the sequence editor say 2.9.5...not 3.0.0..

Our public releases always (well, for a long time now) end in an even number, and our internal stuff always ends in an odd number. When we make a release, we bump the version number of the release at that point, and then immediately bump our internal version.

So, until we released 2.9.4, we internally were using 2.9.3. Then we bumped it to 2.9.4 and released it, and then immediately bumped it again to 2.9.5, which we have been using internally ever since. When we release the next version, we will bump it to 3.0.0 immediately before doing so, and then bump our internal stuff to 3.0.1 immediately afterward.

DonFL wrote:

Visualizer..amazing.

Interesting that the screenshots of the sequence editor say 2.9.5...not 3.0.0..

Anyone taking bets on whether it is a free upgrade?..

I think the upgrade will be free...but to get the Superstar Sequencer will be a new License Fee...

Darn!! Still did not see one of the things I really wanted...someway to sort the channels (IE by color)...

Oh well....it still looks like some AWESOME enhancements!!!!

Sorry, I'm not avoiding the question; I just don't think that I'm the appropriate person to be answering it. I have sent a message to Dan asking him to please check out this thread when he gets a chance.

bob wrote:

Sorry, I'm not avoiding the question; I just don't think that I'm the appropriate person to be answering it. I have sent a message to Dan asking him to please check out this thread when he gets a chance.

Dan has already said in another thread that S3 would be available at the sale in Mid July...

Sorry, I totally worded that wrong. I was trying to be humerous and now that I reread it, it doesn't come out that way. I am just very excited about the new S3, it looks awesome and I have alot of progrmming to do and that will save me some time over the current 2.9.4.

wbottomley wrote:

Auto-sequencer?

You know we have to have that. lol

I think they are called "Instant Sequences." The recent fun around here probably forced the name change.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
Auto-sequencer?

You know we have to have that. lol

I think they are called "Instant Sequences." The recent fun around here probably forced the name change.

I would have thought they would have called it the "Bottomley Sequencer" then...

or even "Bottom of The Barrel Sequencer".... :P