Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrduncan

Summer Sale

aurickle wrote:

I'm sure I'm not the only person in that kind of position. So LoR could easily find themselves in a situation where they release a new product but then have to wait until next year before they start seeing much in the way of sales from it. That's not a good position for a business to put itself in.

The market for the new Cosmic Color devices is out there. A delayed release of these new devices shouldn't have too much of an effect on sales. (IMHO)

I agree with William, the delayed release of anything, software or hardware, shouldn't keep you from working on your display now.

aurickle wrote:

I'll give it until I get back from a convention in mid-August. If the sale hasn't happened by then, I'll just move forward with standard lights for the mega-tree and LoR won't be getting any more of my business this season because I'll already be committed to the fallback plan.

Looks like there will be more CCBs for the rest of us...

wbottomley wrote:

aurickle wrote:
I'll give it until I get back from a convention in mid-August. If the sale hasn't happened by then, I'll just move forward with standard lights for the mega-tree and LoR won't be getting any more of my business this season because I'll already be committed to the fallback plan.

I'm sure I'm not the only person in that kind of position. So LoR could easily find themselves in a situation where they release a new product but then have to wait until next year before they start seeing much in the way of sales from it. That's not a good position for a business to put itself in.

What the hell is that?

I thought this was a hobby and not a business. Last time I checked, Summer begins around June 20th and ends around September 20th. So, in my book, we have plenty of time left for the sale.

I have nearly 800 real, not RGB, channels with over 150K lights. I start setting up things in late September. Don't give me the weather story.

So in other words, no sympathy here. It's a simple as this, get sequencing!

By the way, this is another troll post in the mix!

ADD: when is LOR obligated to have a sale? Last time I checked, they aren't!

It's a hobby for us. It's a business for LoR. And no, they're not obligated to put on a summer sale. However, it is the general consensus that we'll see the CCB's and CCF's come available for purchase at that time. I couldn't care less about the sale, but I would greatly like to include the CCB's in my display.

My point was not that LoR is obligated to put those items on sale. My point was that if they wait too much longer to introduce those items it will end up being too late for many of us to include them in our displays this year. Hence, they could well release a great new product to lackluster sales. And since LoR IS a business, that's not a good position to be in when introducing a new product.

So you've got 800 channels and 150K lights. Congratulations. That being said, would you be able to easily add 14,400 channels to each of nine songs between now and Thanksgiving? (48 strands, 100 bulbs per strand, 3 channels per bulb.) And even if you could do so relatively easily, would you be willing to start that effort now -- using SR2 -- without knowing if you'll even be able to have the needed lights in time?

I'm not trolling. I'm simply stating the realities for my particular situation. And I suspect that situation is shared by others.

By the way, while you might start setting up in September, I can't reasonably do so because I use the same space for Halloween. Forgive me for thinking it would be tacky to have a mega-tree in the middle of my jack o' lanterns. :D Please don't make the mistake of assuming that what works for you will automatically work for everyone else.

Many times in the past, items have been offered for sale that were not in inventory, they were a pre-order item. The CCRs, when first introduced, come to mind, I didn't receive the two I ordered until mid-October, but I was ready when they did arrive. The Servo-Dogs were another new product that was delayed on shipping, but the smart people that wanted to use them went ahead with their sequencing and were ready to plug them in when they arrived.

Having been around awhile, I see no reason to wait until you have the have the hardware in hand to begin sequenceing.

LOR will deliver the hardware, it is up to you to have your sequences ready to use it.

aurickle wrote:

Well thanks to the weather here in MT, I start putting Christmas up the day after Halloween.

I'm in the South, and I also start with the Christmas display as soon as I have the Halloween down.

Actually, I already have the mega-tree pole up (without lights) while the Halloween is still out.

I have already changed some of my sequences for the CCB's and I don't have any of the CCBs either, makes no difference