• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christmas_time_karl_UK

• paulanator

• TJ Hvasta

• Jason Burge

Karl - these look great; any pics of the internal mechanism?

Piling onto ken's idea you thought about using el-wire for the guitar "strings"... more complexity but it would make the guitar pop!

Thanks for sharing...
Cheers
Chris in VA

Ill get pics once there in for the season, there all currently sealed and it would be a pain to undo, all the mechanisms are custom built and designed and constructed out of k'nex!

What is el-wire?

Karl.

• 9 months later...

Karl, any chance of seeing how you setup your internal servos yet? Thinking of doing this sometime. Thx!

Wayne

Ill get pics once there in for the season, there all currently sealed and it would be a pain to undo, all the mechanisms are custom built and designed and constructed out of k'nex!

What is el-wire?

Karl.

Wayne,

Karl was featured on [url href=http://www.channel4.com/programmes/king-of-christmas-lights]This Show He was shown more than once working on his animatronics if you go over that maybe you could see his servo setup?

If you can't see the video because you're in USA try an IP masking service.

Edited by spomalley

Spomalley, your link was close, but it should be this: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/king-of-christmas-lights/ :)

...and you are right, it can't be viewed from the USA. :( I looked into IP masking, but not interested in loading any software to view the video. I thought I saw Karl's video once on a show here in the USA, but not sure which it was. Thanks for the infor Spomalley....

Wayne