Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween/Christmas poll lights

Arnoldc

I haven't seen anyone do anything like this. so I figured why not I do one..

Thanks to Orville and a few others last month, my brain started to get a flood of ideas on what to do for Halloween.. I live in a townhouse, and there are 10 of us down our corridor. We do not have garages, just garage ports, the car ports have 2 polls (at the ends) per house, so thats 20 polls.. My idea was to have everyone have a gothic style light on each poll using Orville's light flicker effect. After going door to door of all 10 neighbors and getting their approval I started making molds..
Attached is my 3d drawing of what Im about to jump into. I got my molds finished today, hopefully this weekend I can make my first prototype. I will take pics as the building begins.
And yes Im too lazy to rotate the pic, just turn your screen! :D

Attached files 249904=13563-Light.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arnoldc

• jimswinder

• Ron Amedee

• BrownOut

Ron Amedee wrote:

Make a few extra...They look pretty neat !!!

Plan on it! the way I am making this I can crank them out pretty quick.. I will post pics of the mold later tonight.

t purser wrote:

what will thay do?

They will not do anything persay. They are just light fixtures. There will be a center pole where a string of lights can be wrapped of ones choice. Past that I plan on using Orvilles light flicker program with purple lights to light up my little corridor for Halloween..

Had a change in plans on what this was going to be made of. My plan was going to use resin, which I did for the first half. I didn't calculate how much resin this would really use. So, today I ordered liquid foam, should be here by the weekend. Hopefully everything will be a go this weekend and prototype will be up and running by the end of the weekend.

Stupid question....

Did you actually MAKE the light fixture, or did you buy one and then make the molds from it?

Fantastic job either way!!!

That's pretty cool all your neighbors want in! We live in a community where everyone had to install a pole light when they built a home so our streets are filled with them. Last year I hooked mine to my controllers and did a flicker effect through the night. It was pretty cool to be able to dim the light out front at the start of each show. This year I plan to hook all my outside lights up to controllers and use them in the shows. I Wish I could control my neighbors pole lights like you!

evandewindt wrote:

That's pretty cool all your neighbors want in! We live in a community where everyone had to install a pole light when they built a home so our streets are filled with them. Last year I hooked mine to my controllers and did a flicker effect through the night. It was pretty cool to be able to dim the light out front at the start of each show. This year I plan to hook all my outside lights up to controllers and use them in the shows. I Wish I could control my neighbors pole lights like you!

I'm hoping it looks half as good as my vision. However now my neighbors think I need a life now! Lol think next time I won't make the lights for free, instead charge them material cost.
All I. All I am hoping once I get all the kinks out to sell these things. I got tons of other drawings, ideas that I can make. Maybe a side gig? Hmmmmm

Arnoldc wrote:

Good news, the foam is at my door as we speak.. Tonight I plan on making one.. Pics to follow..

Well...go let the foam in and get to work!!!

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
Good news, the foam is at my door as we speak.. Tonight I plan on making one.. Pics to follow..

Well...go let the foam in and get to work!!!
LOL Im at work, just not at home working.. Like you, I have a habit checking in at work..

Arnoldc wrote:

LOL Im at work, just not at home working..

Like you, I have a habit checking in at work..

Ummmmm...I would NEVER do that!!!!

But I do check into work every now and then when I am here... :P

And we have success! Took about 30 mins to be able to move out of mold. another 2 hours before you can really handle it. Attached is the top half.

Attached files 250585=13606-Top foam.jpg