Light-O-Rama Forums

Mid-Season Blues

Guest Guest

How boring would this forum be without the humor and smart a$$ answers?? The joking is all part of this. And correct me if I'm wrong but, I do not know of one single question that was not answered eventually, after the thread had been hijacked, after a few jokes and stabs at someone or something. If we don't have good humor, where are all the ice cream trucks going to go??:P:D

Almost forgot, you even get a chance to answer someones question and make you look as smart as the so many "smarter than me" people do, but you have to be fast!
By smarter than me people I mean most of the people on this forum, my wife sometimes tells me I'm as dumb as a rock, but she still loves me, and I don't have any moss on my back.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• Dan Ancona

• George Simmons

• jimswinder

Strange reading this post and posts this week.

I enjoyed the NJ epic and then went on vacation for a week at a campground with no wi-fi so I had not read the forum.

I came back to fine the S3 "joke" thread gone, a "Don't lie" thread gone, which I don't even know what it was about. A thread from Dan, which unbelievabley says S3 will have an auto-sequence thingy, which I personally believe will never work well, if it is not too a joke.

NOW I'm wondering where is the Fire?? Or what is the Fire??

I do enjoy most of the joking BUT sometimes it is too much, I think too often serious or thoughtful threads do get hijacked by the joking. The Midway Zone is more appropriate for the joking than the LOR technical forum areas.

Arnoldc wrote:

I think it is more like, do you wanna be right, or be happy...

Aint that the truth....

Same goes on every forum.....

Guest Don Gillespie

First off I think you guys are talking about me ;) LOL Secondly everything that has been said is so true couldn't be a better bunch of people to chit chat with and gain knowledge about our obsesion.

I got to admit, yesterday was a lot of fun.. Not too often I stay up just waiting for a response to some random comment.. I was laughing til about 12am! I couldn't wait to see what else was said.
With that said, for the time that I have been on this site I feel like I am actually one of you guys. The brief time it has been fun, and even you Jim, an honor getting to know you guys. Normally I lurk in the background, keeping my trap shut.. but not here! (hopefully I wont regret that!)
Now! back to the funny stuff! :]

Arnoldc wrote:

With that said, for the time that I have been on this site and actually One of you guys, it has been fun, and even you Jim,

good thing I have "twisted people" attributes...

or I might have been DEEPLY hurt by that comment!!!

Come to think of it...it just MIGHT come up in my session today... ;)

Jeff Millard wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
...for the time that I have been on this site and actually One of you guys...

LOL I type faster than my brain can process.. And I have a bad habit of not proof reading!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Thick skin is good. Having a sense of humor helps. There's a group of people here who are pretty tight. We don't hate. But we do stick together. Not one second of the joking around is meant to harm. It's meant to keep people on their toes. I don't act any different in this forum than I do in my everyday life. In faact, some of you are intermingled into my private life. During the events that led to the recent bad blood, I had no intent to anger, harm, annoy or otherwise outcast anyone. It's always in fun. If I can't help you with my posts, you're free to ban me... just hit the ignore button. If you think my posts are static that doesn't add to the information you crave... ignore me. If my posts are annoying, and don't provide you with tremendous insight to our hobby... You obviously don't get me, so make me go away. If you find yourself playing along... that's community. I'm here. I won't be leaving any time soon. The ignore button is your friend if you don't.

We are a twisted, bizarre family of extremely intelligent people. Many people don't get us. Many people try to put us down, because they wish our talents were theirs. Sad, sad people.

I didn't find anything wrong with what happened. I did find sadness in it and that bothers me, or I wouldn't have accepted the challenge to participate in this discussion.

So, here we are, this is the 6th season I've seen this time of the year come and go. Now, on to preparing for Black Friday 2011. Work, work, work.

Jeff

Jeff you could not have said it much better! Me coming from the Fire & Rescue community this is the same way we act there is a lot of cutting up and it keeps things active, in reallity the old saying says it best and it was as I was told when I first started "If we dont pick on you we dont like you" so there was many understandings that you may become the butt of a joke but you acctpeted it and whenb your time come around its was just your goal to top the next person this helped keep things well and alive and very entertaining. So it is better to loosen up and laugh at life even when you happen to fall victim to a joke, but hey step back set your sights and fire off the next round yourself. If you cant enjoy life what is the point of it? Joy is as much as an option as misery it is all in your perception and how you want to handle it.

rescue_653 wrote

Me coming from the Fire & Rescue community this is the same way we act there is a lot of cutting up and it keeps things active, in reallity the old saying says it best and it was as I was told when I first started "If we dont pick on you we dont like you" so there was many understandings that you may become the butt of a joke but you acctpeted it and whenb your time come around its was just your goal to top the next person this helped keep things well and alive and very entertaining. So it is better to loosen up and laugh at life even when you happen to fall victim to a joke, but hey step back set your sights and fire off the next round yourself.

Which reminded me of the day I went on a call and left my Facebook page open!!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

rescue_653 wrote
Me coming from the Fire & Rescue community this is the same way we act there is a lot of cutting up and it keeps things active, in reallity the old saying says it best and it was as I was told when I first started "If we dont pick on you we dont like you" so there was many understandings that you may become the butt of a joke but you acctpeted it and whenb your time come around its was just your goal to top the next person this helped keep things well and alive and very entertaining. So it is better to loosen up and laugh at life even when you happen to fall victim to a joke, but hey step back set your sights and fire off the next round yourself.

Oh those can be the worst, you never know what "you" said while you were gone.

rescue_653 wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:
rescue_653 wrote

Oh those can be the worst, you never know what "you" said while you were gone.

Or was he really "gone" it could be his true thoughts coming out and blamed it on his "friends" ;)

I agree with all that's been said. Especially William's essay, and although I don't participate much, I ready EVERYTHING you guys write. I feel I know you guys because of this (although Jeff scares me a little, lol), ;I love it here and feel right at home. I also have very thick skin, but haven't needed it yet.

I have, and keep, learning all kinds of new things about this crazy hobby of blinken lights because of you guys;, and between Dan's fanstastic company, quality product and all the support here, I think I may be doing this for a while longer.

Especially once the autosequencer comes out.

You guys are great

wmilkie wrote:

Especially once the autosequencer comes out.

Wait??? WHAT??!?!?!

There's an Auto Sequencer?!?!!?!?

You're joking, right?

"Wait??? WHAT??!?!?!

There's an Auto Sequencer?!?!!?!?

You're joking, right?"

of course not, after all, I saw it on the Internet so it must be true.

any day now I hear!

Frank Picozzi wrote:

And I've also heard a rumor that S3 will include an auto-humor feature.

WOW, I've got to slow down my reading.

For a miniute there I thought you said S3 would include an auto-hummer feature...

Frank Picozzi wrote:

Finally...something Frank needs AND can use!!!

crackchecker wrote:

Frank Picozzi wrote:

WOW, I've got to slow down my reading.

For a miniute there I thought you said S3 would include an auto-hummer feature...

Hows that for interactive!?!? ROFLMAO