Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale?

lilouisianagal

DonFL wrote:

I had the "pleasure" of experiencing the Northridge earthquake in LA in 1994...and have been thru several hurricanes, including the fun of Charley/Jeanne/Francis in 2004...and will take a hurricane any day..not even a tough choice to make.

At least with a hurricane you have a few days notice and can get out of the way...

hence why I am in earthquake prone Seattle and the ex is in Florida... :D

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• displaysinmotion_will

• David Rise

DonFL wrote:

I hd the "pleasure" of experiencing the Northridge earthquake in LA in 1994...and have been thru several hurricanes,

I've never experienced a hurricane, but when the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake hit, I was at work, about 40 miles from the epicenter.

I had to move fast to stop a CRT from falling off a shelf, but it didn't last very long. No big deal as long as you stay away from those dangerous buildings.

BrownOut wrote:

kingsislandtechservices wrote:
BrownOut wrote:
Oh boy! Shipping info about products from Dan! http://forums.lightorama.com/view_post.php?post_id=154313

im not sure if you noticed but that post is from 2008 and is from john not dan

You take all the fun out of this.

I like the 9 channel fountain controller. No where's my Delorean? I need to go back in time.

MikeH

Am I the only one tire of waiting? At least I used the last 2 months well, I've been busy learning about renard. I should still have enough time to build all the controllers I need :cool:

MikeH wrote:

I like the 9 channel fountain controller. No where's my Delorean? I need to go back in time.

MikeH

I just posted this video in another thread here, but you will see a certain car. Do they use a LOR DC controller for the headlights?

Steven wrote:

DonFL wrote:
I hd the "pleasure" of experiencing the Northridge earthquake in LA in 1994...and have been thru several hurricanes,

I've never experienced a hurricane, but when the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake hit, I was at work, about 40 miles from the epicenter.

I had to move fast to stop a CRT from falling off a shelf, but it didn't last very long.  No big deal as long as you stay away from those dangerous buildings.

I had a similar experience with my CRT but I was 9 miles from the epicenter (scotts valley). Quite a ride. I just wish I had left with my boss, moments earlier, he actually saw the wave roll across the parking lot toward him.

Big Al wrote:

Only 7 days left in August.

what makes Aug special?
Didn't this show up in July "Don't worry. We're still having one and it should be later this month. " ?

timmydatoolman wrote:

Big Al wrote:
Only 7 days left in August.

what makes Aug special?
Didn't this show up in July "Don't worry. We're still having one and it should be later this month. " ?

I can assure you that the guys at lor are working feverishly to make sure that all of the products are available for the sale, they would rather delay the sale to be able to meet every demand than to dissapoint someone. Dont be surprised if you hear something about the sale in the coming days....

I'm holding out for more DC boards, but as the days go on I'm thinking more and more like I'll order at the normal full price to avoid creating a mad rush as crunch time approaches - particularly with the additional freight times to Australia.

Luckily most of my sequencing is done, but I do have other things to do other than set up controllers and lights hence I would have liked to have received what I need by now.

I'll wait a few more days...

Jeff Millard wrote:

Who out there in DC controller user land would be willing to buy a board during the sale and drop ship it to me, then I'll send out the board with screw terminals and call it even?

I'm thinking... the screw terminals are nicer, but if I swap with you it means I'm going to make extra work for myself because I'll have to move the board with screw terminals to the box that's going to have 2 boards... I'll get back to you on that.

Jeff Millard wrote:

marquisite wrote:
I'm holding out for more DC boards...

While we're on this subject... The DC boards are a problem for me. I need two for a project, and I don't want two different styles in one case. So already having one with screw terminals, and buying one with spades is going to negatively affect my OCD in a big way. Who out there in DC controller user land would be willing to buy a board during the sale and drop ship it to me, then I'll send out the board with screw terminals and call it even? If you order a sale item and call Mary, she'll see to it that the board get's to me... and as soon as I have confirmation of the order I'll UPS the other board out.

I know there was some interest in the screw term boards, and I could care less which style I end up with as long as they're the same type.

Jeff

I should be able to work with you on this

I'm before the newbie part. I'm still waiting for the sale to get my first controllers. all my displays are about complete and I'm working on my first song. I'd really like to start testing things. Any news would be good news to me.

Just a reminder....

September 22 is the last day of summer. Take a few deep breaths and let your cares melt away.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Left hand circle. Right hand circle.
Always remember to breathe...very important.

I've scrapped the dart board for this one and went to a magic 8 ball..

Damned thing keeps coming back with "check back later"...:)

Call me a skeptic, but even with 5 days left in August, I'm not betting on seeing a sale announcement before Labor Day.

Summer Sale, how about a BACK to SCHOOL sale. All the lighting supply you need for your dorm room to impress the girls.

TGabriel wrote:

Summer Sale, how about a BACK to SCHOOL sale. All the lighting supply you need for your dorm room to impress the girls.

Oh.... How about a Homecoming Sale......:)

I just want the fall sale to hurry up and get here.