Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad Requests..Error 400

Guest guest

I got the error today at work around 12:15pm. Try several times and kept getting the error message. Went to LOR home page (which came up) and try getting in to the form that way and still got the error message. Went to CC site and try that way and still got the error message.
So what is going on?
I think the server needs maletizing.
Thomas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Don

• Nurples

• Surfing4Dough

All,

External testing has still not detected the error since the DNS provider pushed out their change. Nurples posted good information on how to clean up your local DNS Cache, which should help you overcome this issue.

As previously stated, the last failure that External testing detected was 2011-06-21 23:14:01 GMT.

This is not a server issue, or a problem with the message board software.

Guest wbottomley

LORAdmin wrote:

All,

External testing has still not detected the error since the DNS provider pushed out their change. Nurples posted good information on how to clean up your local DNS Cache, which should help you overcome this issue.

As previously stated, the last failure that External testing detected was 2011-06-21 23:14:01 GMT.

This is not a server issue, or a problem with the message board software.

It hit me from 9:30-10:05 pm EDT

I flushed the dns entries and everything I could think of. And I came up with the same results.

Images coming your way LOR Admin.

Well .. blah. I don't have an answer for this.

External testing *did* show an error from 2011-06-21 23:00:01 (GMT) to 2011-06-21 23:14:01 (GMT). I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.

Oh, for those who know what I'm talking about ... your editing your hosts file will fix the problem for you. :P

LORAdmin wrote:

Oh, for those who know what I'm talking about ... your editing your hosts file will fix the problem for you. :P

And for those that do should provide step by step instructions for those that don't (AKA, me). :)

Happens to me up here in the Edmonton, AB Canada area too. I thought the servers were going through some issues.

Like others have said....it goes away in a few minutes.......but it still sucks.

Okay, here goes... step by step directions. Since I didn't want to type everything out, I copied and pasted from the site listed at the bottom and edited it to fit this forums IPs.

1. Open the hosts file

1. Go to the Start menu and choose Run. Type the following in the Run dialog box:
      runbox.jpg

1. For Windows NT and Windows 2000

1. C:winntsystem32driversetc
        2. Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7

1. C:WindowsSystem32driversetc

[*]Click the OK button (This should open a window with several files in it.)
[*]Find the file called ‘hosts’ and double–click it. If prompted, specify that you would like to choose a program to open the file with from a list of programs.

1. Choose ‘Notepad’ from the list of available programs.

[*]Edit and save the hosts file

1. The contents of your hosts file should look something like this> http://www.fpweb.net/support/_images/hostsfile1.jpg
  2. Start typing on a new line at the bottom of the file.

1. Add this information: 174.46.70.237 forums.lightorama.com
    2. The bottom of your hosts file should look something like this when you are done:

127.0.0.1 localhost
      174.46.70.237 forums.lightorama.com

3. Close the hosts file and save it when prompted.
    4. PLEASE NOTE: At this point the forums should work correctly. If the forums stop working for whatever reason you can undo this change.

5. To Undo the Hosts file change

1. Open the hosts file as described above.
      2. Delete the line containing forums.lightorama.com and close the file.
      3. Choose to save the changes to the hosts file when asked.

Info taken from: http://www.fpweb.net/support/managed-hosting/hostfile-editing-support.asp

To do so, place your cursor at the very end of the last line and hit ‘Enter’ to start a new line.

Happened to me for the first time today about 4 PM central time. Seemed to last for about a half hour.

Jeff Millard wrote:

I've begun to look at it like the good Lord is telling me to get a life.

Jeff

Even I could tell you that...

Jeff, get a life!

funny-get-a-life-download-decal.jpg

Another error this morning (Tuesday 6/28/11) from about 6:25 till 6:50 Pacific Time.

This just happened on my work computer and I don't have any Administrative Rights to do the DNS Flush thing...

DonFL wrote:

its boeings way of telling you to get back to work...:P

If I actually just did Boeing work, I would feel totally unproductive!!!

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
I've begun to look at it like the good Lord is telling me to get a life.

Jeff

Even I could tell you that...

Jeff, get a life!

funny-get-a-life-download-decal.jpg

Might try E-Bay :P

Surely it is not just me getting these errors today...is it??

Got yet another one between 9:27am and 9:50am Pacific Time...

jimswinder wrote:

Surely it is not just me getting these errors today...is it??

Got yet another one between 9:27am and 9:50am Pacific Time...

I had one (server not responding) at the same time this morning. That's about the fourth time that's happened. I was starting to think LOR pushed my ignore button.

More errors today...once at work this morning and just now at home from 7:53pm to 8:14 pm Pacific Time...

and yes, I did the dns flush...