Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad Requests..Error 400

Guest guest

Thats the error on Firefox, IE would be, i assume, "webpage cannot be found"..

Is anyone else getting these of late? I' ve had it happen a couple times today, has a few times happened over the last week or so. I'll be unable to login for 5-10 minutes or so when it starts.

I know a lot of reasons for this happening can be user computer issues, but this is different computers, different broadband connections, so my first inclination is it might be the board...unless I'm the only one thats experiencing it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Don

• Nurples

• Surfing4Dough

I got that error multiple times. Seems to happen right after I check my messages... Then I clear all history and cache and within 5 or 10 min its all ok... I thought it was just me!

I'm using Google Chrome.

We'll make inquires with the service provider about the slowness/downtimes to see if there is something going on. We've also turned on the external monitoring that was in place to better help track down the times the problem(s) is/are occuring.

If you encounter one of the 'time-out' type events in the future please send a PM to me (LORAdmin) with the date and time of the incident. It's very important that you include your time zone in the PM, or else the message will be of no help.

Just happened a few minutes ago. (Posting to get fourm time) :)

Edit: Guess fourm time gives me local time :(

I had quite a few times yesterday I was getting the same issue using IE9. I would have to completly clear my cookies, and history then go back to the Forum home screen before I could log in and then go from there.

Didn't want anyone to think nothing was happening.

We continue to monitor the situation. External testing is taking place, and logs are being sent to those who run the services.

We've narrowed down the scope of the trouble. Could use some help.

If:

You technical background
Phrases like 'nslookup' and 'ping' are not foreign to you
And you get the HTTP 400 error often (once every few days)

Please send a PM to LORAdmin.

It has happened to me in the past...and again today.

I just always figured the host was working on their servers, because it always seem to fix itself within 10 minutes...