Light-O-Rama Forums

issue with using half speed

Philip

I'm trying to clean up a sequence that has a very quick beat, so I'm using the half speed to tighten things up. What I notice though is that after playing the sequence at half speed several times in a row, it will start to play at 1/4 speed instead. It does this automatically without me changing any settings. The only way to kick start it is to put it back to mornal speed, then to 1/2 speed again, but it will slow down again several runs later.

I'm on windows vista and it does this on the pc and laptop with versions 2.8.10 and v 2.9.4

this entire issue is exasperated when you are zoomed way in

Don't know for sure, but here's a few things to think about:

I have on occasion encountered a file thatwhen run from the start, would stay syncronized just fine. But if I played it "from selection", it would start to get unsynchronized.

- Make sure if you are using an MP3 that it is saved with a bit rate of 128k. If not, try loading it into Audacity and resaving at 128k.

- Sometimes I have better luck sequencing with WAV files. You can use Audacity to save them this way, too.

Hope this is of some help to you.

I have had athe same problem Phillip when I was working on my animated face at 1/2 speed. And all my songs are 128 constant rate.

Dave

Just for _hits and giggles, try converting to a .WAV and see if that helps. It has helped me in the past. I just don't know, but some songs seem to sequence better for me (from the standpoint of staying synchronized) as WAVs than as MP3s.

ok ...

Simple question ... will the LOR software run the song in a WAV file when the show is on ... have never tried.

Dave

you can use .wav files for sequences and the show, but the flies are much bigger which isn't an issue unless you are using a mini director

The sortware has always done the out of sync thing when doing selected areas but can be rememdied by zooming out and backing the area up a little bit

as for the 1/2 speed thing, it does it with mp3 and wav files