Light-O-Rama Forums

sequencing a manual chase with a CCR

Philip

I'm working on some sequences that have a couple of CCR leaping arches in them, but have encountered an odd problem...

if I set the end pixel to any certain color (other than white), then click and drage across an area and hit the 'cHase' key, it changes the color of the initial pixel and then creates a chase in this new color. The odd thing is that it will only occur in the first string. If I set green to on and run a chase across both CCRs, the first CCR will change colors and apply the new color to the chase, but the second CCR ends up with the chase being applied in the original color setting.

I have LOR 2.9.4 (which is the most current)

is there a work around for this and has anyone else encountered this before?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you perhaps post some before-and-after screenshots, please? Or before-and-after sequences? Thanks.

ok... the only thing I did between taking these two screen shots was to hit the "H" key ...9001.jpg

Philip
I've been sequencing My 5 CCR's for 5 months now and have never seen a sreen like that for CCR's. It looks like a regular RGB Device (CCF of rainbow flood).
All my CCR sequences have CCD and 50 channels each plus 7 micros.

Based on my testing, it's those non CCR/RBG channels in the middle.

Just set it up on my end doing what you did, 4 'regular' channels in the middle. Same thing.

just for the record, this was only a sample set and not actually the CCR, because I can't fit all 114 channels into one screen shot

however this effect occurs no matter how the channels are setup anytime there is a non-rgb channel in the middle of the set.

When you add an CCR device it automatically places the 7 macro channels at the end of the 50 RGB channels

for now, my workaround is to duplicate the track, then move the macros out of the way (to the bottom of the track)

Yes, the issue is those four channels.

Chases done on RGB channels are really done on their underlying channels; it's essentially chasing three channels at a time (the red, the green, and the blue). It pastes those three channels over and over - red, green, blue, red, green, blue, red, green, blue, into whatever channels it finds (no matter whether they are plain channels or the underlying channels of RGB channels).

When it gets to the four plain channels, it just keeps doing that - red to the first, green to the second, and blue to the third. But there is a fourth, too, so the red goes to that.

Now it gets back to pasting to RGB channels, but the first RGB channel it's pasting into is a red channel, while it's pasting from green (since it already pasted the red into the fourth plain channel).

So from that point on, into RGB channels, it's pasting green, blue, red instead of red, green, blue. So those RGB channels show up as purple instead of red.

Incidentally, if those are supposed to be CCR macro channels, then in the next release of software there will be a way to set up a CCR so that the Sequence Editor knows it's a CCR, and knows that those channels are macro channels, so that (for example) it will automatically skip them in chases.

bob wrote:

Incidentally, if those are supposed to be CCR macro channels, then in the next release of software there will be a way to set up a CCR so that the Sequence Editor knows it's a CCR, and knows that those channels are macro channels, so that (for example) it will automatically skip them in chases.

So will this change mess up those of us who delete the macro channels?

Paul Roberson wrote:

bob wrote:

So will this change mess up those of us who delete the macro channels?

No.

bob wrote:

Woo hoo! Another LOR 'Wikileak'!
Device level attributes? Now that IS exciting!
Now I have a many questions Bob. You tease.

• The topic was locked