Light-O-Rama Forums

Set Intensity tool

jerrymac

I can't seem to get the Set Intensity Tool to pop up with CCR. The Fade tool pops up but when I select the set intensity button nothing happens. If I select a range (time and channels) then right click and select set intensity again nothing happens. If I have seleted an area I get a grey section where I selected (recent tools used shows set intensity to 50%). I am using windows 7 (hope this is not the issue and I am doing someting wrong). The CCR seems to be responding to macro effects and works with the hardware utility. Am I missing something here? Chase and fade respond as expected.

Per page 6 of the CCR Manual:

There are two ways to set the color and intensity of pixels. One is to directly manipulate the RGB channels. The other is to use a Color Effect. There are three Color Effect control channels. These select the effect, the speed and the intensity of the effect. For example, a twinkle effect will cause all the pixels to twinkle. Instead of using the 50 RGB channels to affect each pixel individually, setting three channels will cause all the pixels to twinkle at a particular speed and intensity.

You can view the manual here:

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/CosmicColorPixel_Man_Web.pdf

Hope this helps...

EDIT:

You may also want to look at pages 7 thru 9...

No, you're not missing anything; that's the way it works.

Most of the "normal" tools, such as Set Intensity, Fade Up, Shimmer, and so forth, when applied to an RGB channel, are actually applied to all three of its constituent channels (i.e. to the red, the green, and the blue).

In the case of Set Intensity in particular, this means that you're telling the red, green, and blue channels all to be at 50% (or whatever), which in turn means that the RGB channel will show as grey. If you expand that RGB channel (by clicking the little red/green/blue button next to its channel button), you'll see that each of the red, green, and blue channels is at 50% during the time range that you applied the Set Intensity tool to.

I suspect that what you want to accomplish is instead something like "orange, but not all that bright as this other orange". For that, what you would do is use the Color Fade tool, and select a darker orange than your first orange.

Note, though, that the colors on the screen don't necessarily correspond to the colors on the RGB device, so it's always best to actually try them out with lights to see what they look like. Also, I think that someone here on the forums posted a chart of what screen colors correspond to what CCR colors? I'm not sure, though.

I'm following the manual and on page 32 you set the intensity by clicking on the set intensity button on the ribbon bar and a pop up menu appears (only problem is it does not pop up on me (actually NOTHING happens). Rather than selecting the button when I right click and select set intensity again nothing. beyond the walk through of the manual I guess where I am is for instance I want to set a number of pixels to Yellow. This would require adjusting the the RGB channels for these pixel groups ? I can't seem to figure how to set the intensity of the individual pixels to get say Yellow. (red 100%, Green 50% Blue 0%. )

the problem i think is that the pop menu does NOT pop up (actually in the case of set intensity nothing happens, although for instance fade the menu seems to work as the instrucitons show (by the way I am following on page 31.

jerrymac wrote:

I'm following the manual and on page 32 you set the intensity by clicking on the set intensity button on the ribbon bar and a pop up menu appears (only problem is it does not pop up on me (actually NOTHING happens). Rather than selecting the button when I right click and select set intensity again nothing. beyond the walk through of the manual I guess where I am is for instance I want to set a number of pixels to Yellow. This would require adjusting the the RGB channels for these pixel groups ? I can't seem to figure how to set the intensity of the individual pixels to get say Yellow. (red 100%, Green 50% Blue 0%. )

A couple things:

(1) I think perhaps you're clicking on the Set Intensity tool's button, not on the Intensity Tool Settings/Options button. The Set Intensity tool's button looks like this:

toolstoolbarsetintensity.png

And the Intensity tool Settings/Options button looks like this:

toolstoolbarintensitysettings.png

The second one is the one that pops open the dialog that I think you're talking about.

(2) That part of the manual is discussing how to set macro channels. For the regular channels - i.e. the ones relating to individual pixels - it might be easiest to use the Color Fade tool, not things like the Set Intensity tool.

Note, though, that the Color Fade tool only works on RGB channels, so if you want to use it but you don't have RGB channels set up, you'll have to convert your regular channels to RGB channels (information on how to do that can be found here).

Thanks got it (found the color intensity menu from the tools menu). I had the fade working OK but was having difficulty in setting specific colors across pixels (not fades). Think I am on the way now (looks like S3 couldn't come soon enough for me). Guess I'll get clearer at the 2 day immertsion training later this month in Kentucky.

Thanks Jerry,

I've been wondering about that pop up box myself, this is what I saw in my sequencer.

Attached files .JPG"]247474=13464-IMG_1084[1].JPG

And this is what I found lurking under the right side of that toolbar. Thanks,
Jerry for asking, and Thanks Bob for pointing that thing out, which made me want to find that daggone button. Thanks again guys,

Bill

Attached files .JPG"]247476=13466-IMG_1086[1].JPG

on your keyboard there is a button titled "print screen"...

on a windows keyboard you need to hold down the windows logo button pluws the print screen button...

then open up something like Paint (or Photoshop if you have it)..

open a new file and do a Control V (or paste) and there is your screenshot..

If using Photoshop you can save it as anything you want (jpg, bitmap, etc.)...

Ron Amedee wrote:

Alright....I am computer illiterate..How do you post screenshots !!

SnippingTool.jpg

On my vista machine there is a program to help under accessories. Definitely print screen key and alt printscreen are useful shortcuts. This tool helps you select less than an entire window.

• The topic was locked