Light-O-Rama Forums

Well...we're over halfway to this years shows already...

jimswinder

So far, I have 7 out of 12 songs sequenced, got my "tune to" sign about done. working on getting the rest of my lights. I finally got approval from the HOA to use STP wire instead of extension cords whew! Working on my FM Transmitter. Still working on my custom wreath.
oh not to mention I accidentally spoke up and volunteered myself to make 20 Halloween lights for my neighbors.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddmoon

• lightzilla

• jimswinder

• james campbell

Jeff Millard wrote: My cell phone says it's 159 days until Black Friday. I've got some serious work to do 'till then!

Jeff

So is that an app on your cell phone that counts down to Black Friday?

chipwdw wrote:

heck no!!! having to have a sinkhole repaired this summer. hoping all the work is done to put up lights. nothing new this year. just same as last year, dont even want to work on new songs, not in the mood to work on it. just planning to re-use last years stuff. plus its 98 degrees here.

Hey Chip, Been having work done on ours for over a year. Still working on the cosmetics portion. Need any info, just P.M. me. My pavers and deck have been ripped up for 4 months, maybe they will get those done by Christmas. Who needs a deck and pavers during the summer anyway?? Now I go out and sit in a chair in the sand, kinda like the beach! No songs done yet, think I got the layout done, thought about starting to build new elements, but have not yet.

paulanator wrote:

Working on a large animated snowman and huge lighted balls
Hehe...as long as everything is in proportion. Hadn't thought to make my snowman anatomically correct. :)

Guest Don Gillespie

I just checked your pol results and relize that I am in the top 2 % either I have no life or I am really good I would prefer to go with the later open for coments but try to be nice :P

I'm a little less than half way ready. About half the sequencing is done. About half of the lights and display elements are purchased and constructed. Six new controllers have been purchased. I still have two shooting towers, two more arches, seven mini-trees and seven 6 ft trees to light with three colors each. Another 10 ft. tree to build along with a support structure for seven 3 ft. snowflakes that are on the UPS truck right now. I have to find a better way to mount (display) the "tune-in" FM sign and I'm waiting for Paul's summer sale that starts July 5th for another 9 cases of LEDs. I think I'll have to look for the iPhone version of Jeff's Countdown Widget so each day I can put a little more pressure on myself. Good thing this is all for fun!:P

This year? THIS YEAR?? I'm still behind from LAST year!! I'm just reusing/reordering the songs I have now, 11 best ones and several that need resequencing.. the wife wants that mannequin christmas angel for the yard display and I'm really torn spending $150+ on a full mannequin that may disappear.. plus I still have to figure out how best to do the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 theme for Halloween (24' Black Pearl & Blackbeard).

A new Mega-tree, have to build 8 more mini's, take down a real tree outta the yard.. It'd be easier just buying a new house :/

• 2 weeks later...

sequencing in the morning and gardening in the afternoon.

I really need to get my rear in gear...... I have painting projects all over the house this summer just been procrastinating. Just realized vacation at the end of the month then it'll be August already. I have supplies I've bought to build stuff but nothing put together just yet. Still need the summer sale to get the rest of what I need. Will be reprogramming songs at the last minute same as last year......:P

LightsinMaine wrote:

I really need to get my rear in gear...... I have painting projects all over the house this summer just been procrastinating. Just realized vacation at the end of the month then it'll be August already. I have supplies I've bought to build stuff but nothing put together just yet. Still need the summer sale to get the rest of what I need. Will be reprogramming songs at the last minute same as last year......:P

Me too!

• 3 weeks later...

OK - you might have had a choice between thinking about starting and 1/2 finished. Something like 10% done would be more like it for me. I need the forum to go down for a couple of months. I spend more time lurking than working on my display. :shock:

I'm moving right along. I have all my lights, got an order of all my tsp wire in, 10 songs sequenced, tune to sign done, transmitter up and running. Wreath is in the works, a few add ons being debated, need 2 more trees. All in all I would cautiousily say ahead of schedule. Probably short term since I took on a little Halloween project now..

wow... I feel so left out into oblivion new baby now here, me finally getting over the sickness that has plagued me since last October I still have last years Halloween outside.. never even got a chance for Christmas I do however have some floods and spots on order for the pool just need that sale to come along to pickup another dc controller!! figure a few spots for in the pool. couple floods for outside.. yea .. when it's warm why limit our lor to the holidays? lor controllers working for almost a year every night running the rgb floods. Good test to Dan and co.. rock solid products!

Guest wbottomley

The pressure for me is really taking a toll. Right now, I have many distractions that it's hard to get everything completed for this year.

But, the show will go on as planned with or without some things.

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting on the ServoDog & a new DMX fogger to arrive so I can finish up/test the Halloween display.
Am working on adding in 3 additional controllers & radio linker (waiting on the sale) and the neighbor's yard for this Christmas (mostly the same music set just broken out into 2 smaller 'shows')

• 2 months later...

I realized this is an old thread, but here's the yard angel the wife wants..

The good news is we found a nice looking mannequin, $80 (the owner wanted $150). pvc for the "dress" ribs, netting for the dress, icicles zip-tied underneath, rebar to hold up the pvc and manny.. I'm thinking 8 channels for the blue/white icicles.. gonna look nice I think..

Attached files 277416=15368-Angel in DeFuniak.JPG

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I realized this is an old thread, but here's the yard angel the wife wants..

The good news is we found a nice looking mannequin, $80 (the owner wanted $150). pvc for the "dress" ribs, netting for the dress, icicles zip-tied underneath, rebar to hold up the pvc and manny.. I'm thinking 8 channels for the blue/white icicles.. gonna look nice I think..

Will be looking forward to watching your videos this year.Looks nice.

• The topic was locked