Light-O-Rama Forums

Well...we're over halfway to this years shows already...

jimswinder

got one song sequenced, just starting a second, waiting to see what the wife lets me purchase in the upcoming months. Did add a multicamera setup for the live webstream this year:) do need to do a little more testing and making the cable runs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddmoon

• lightzilla

• jimswinder

• james campbell

Well it might snow tonight or perhaps wet snow for Saturday Morning. Tonight it is suppose to drop to -2c (28F) here where I live.

I have not seen June snow for a couple of years but it looks like it could happen tonight.

However that does not make me want to sequence or anything like that. I am kinda in "No Mans Land" as far as sequencing goes or building things.

Well I have all the lights purchased, everything is planned, design is set and animation screen is done in my first iteration.

I am working on my first 4th of July setup, so I have been working on songs for that and just finished creating the light elements. I am planning on 100 channels and 10,000 lights, have a big flag and a firework in the sky.

This is really helping me prepare and learn more about LOR programming this go round, last year I started in Oct for Christmas for my first year, and that was a bit crazy.

As soon as the 4th stuff is down, I will be working on the Christmas display, about 192 channels, 30k lights this year.

Working on a large animated snowman and huge lighted balls up in a 30ft Blue Spruce, and 18 snowflakes on the roof and a REVO LED DMX in addition to adding to the existing elements.

It is a bit overwhelming compared to last year, but I have had a year to plan, and yes, I am an addict (I know you figured that out already...) :}

Attached files 247147=13451-2011 Layout new.jpg

mainly doing dla coops and getting my 2011 master plan together. insane amount of work ahead ...

I haven't done much yet. Started right after the first of the year to make some new props, but they are only about 1/4 done. Had to stop to help children move, do projects, etc. I'll probably start again just after the summer sale when I plan to buy some more controllers.

Dan Ancona wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Not me....

just can't seem to get that "Christmas Spirit" this year...

You will by the time you leave Jersey!!

Why is it snowing there?!?!?!? :D

jimswinder wrote:

Dan Ancona wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Not me....

just can't seem to get that "Christmas Spirit" this year...

You will by the time you leave Jersey!!

Why is it snowing there?!?!?!? :D

This coming from a guy who's current residence has barely seen 60 degree temps so far this spring...do you guys ever plan to warm it up out there..??..:D

Songs from last year updated for 96 channels. Have 6 new songs sequenced and about to finish #7 this weekend. Debating skipping Halloween this year.

Well it did snow over night, but this did not give me any motivation to do any sequencing, or build display items, if anything it frustrated me more.:)

My wife is in Ohio enjoying 27c weather while I am here watching it snow.

Attached files 247161=13452-2011 June 4th Snow 002.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

heck no!!! having to have a sinkhole repaired this summer. hoping all the work is done to put up lights. nothing new this year. just same as last year, dont even want to work on new songs, not in the mood to work on it. just planning to re-use last years stuff. plus its 98 degrees here.

jimswinder wrote:

waiting for Spring to hit Seattle to have some decent weather to actually do some Christmas Projects...

Hahaha, spring and summer doesn't start until July 5th in these parts....:)

Scratched 4th light show. building 3 more talking faces for Halloween. Hopefully I will get them done sometime this month. Sequencing. Not even started. Using most from last year but will add a few.

I've had a busy year. I've got some songs 3/4 done for new setup. Christmas is on hold for me, lots of projects going on. Been doing alot of landscaping projects for a neighbor, that has slowed down for now. This week working on lighting up a food vending trailer with high powered leds and a controller. Currently planning on huge Halloween display which is making it hard to think about Christmas. Some of the high schoolers in town are doing a haunt at an old church this year.

Updated songs to 160 channels{will update my lightorama user with so many channels when I buy the controllers duing summer sale}.Added 5 new songs and I am about 75% done with building new items for display.I would like to be all done by end of July, of course then I go back and redo sequences.

I have been busy helping a friend rebuild his boathouse. It was only 110 out the other day, I must be crazy. I just scheduled a date on my calender for next week to to officially start thinking about setting a date to start. I will post again in November letting everyone know how far behind I am.:D

Alan wrote

I have been busy helping a friend rebuild his boathouse. It was only 110 out the other day, I must be crazy. I just scheduled a date on my calender for next week to to officially start thinking about setting a date to start. I will post again in November letting everyone know how far behind I am.:D

I went to fire school in stillwater in july a few years back...Hottest place on earth !!! 106 yet at least humidity was low !!!

I have not have had the time to do anything this year.

I have many projects that I want to work on. Build a new santa face, build a pin wheel, add 4 new colors to my mega tree and turn it into a webber tree. I need to purchase at least 3 additional controllers just to fill in my light show let alone what I will need for 4 new colors on my mega tree and have not decided on the pin wheel if I should just go with 1 color right now or just go ahead and build it with red, white and blue so I can use it for a 4th of july show as well.

I have my main job where I work 70 hours a week, help my wife with her companies, help with our volunteer fire department and program our fire works show and ram rod getting everyone ready for being trained for lighting fireworks off.

Soooooooo far behind. It's my first year and I'm getting worried. A great big landscaping project has been taking up all my time. I have a ton of building to do yet as well as another 3-4 songs I want to sequence. I see a lot of late nights coming in October and November. :D

I did not mention that I was setting up a fireworks stand for my sons to sell fireworks for the next month to help pay for their college while they are home for the summer.

Sleep is so over rated, who needs it anyway? LOL :D