Light-O-Rama Forums

Well...we're over halfway to this years shows already...

jimswinder

Not me....

Procrastinating...
waiting for vendors new products...
working two jobs...
waiting for Spring to hit Seattle to have some decent weather to actually do some Christmas Projects...
just can't seem to get that "Christmas Spirit" this year...

Those are my excuses...

whats yours? :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddmoon

• lightzilla

• jimswinder

• james campbell

Guest Don Gillespie

You didn't include in your poll (just about finished only a couple more to go) so I couldn't participate, :D

I am pretty much done for this year besides waiting for the summer sale and purchasing some controllers and maybe some CCB's other than that ready to go.

I have tried to get going but it's been hard. Maybe tomorrow!

more than half ready myself. pretty much all main items are finished.

Haven't even gotten as far as figuring out what design I'm going with this year. (Which means I've done nothing else on the display.)

Hard to get started with DST and all the thing to do outside. Gardening, boating and clean out the garage for more lights and projects.

The farthest I got was about 6 songs that I did the timing marks for. I too am not all that fired up. After looking at snow & enduring cold for 6 straight months........I lost interest knowing that the cooler weather is just 3 to 4 months away before the really cold weather sets in.

The take down was over in late April but set up begins in Sept.

I just want to enjoy what puny warm weather we will have for a bit & hopefully in a couple of months I will perk up some.

prop wise i need to finish up ALL my north poles, design and build my weber tree, look around for additional props, construct candy cane archway to double as cemetery entrance for Halloween. i wouldn't say i am halfway there but am off to a good start. have two songs to sequence or bum sequences for for Christmas show.

Gotta lotta sequences 3/4 the way...Lots of CCR's still to buy and 16 mini trees and two arches to do...Should have crawled first...But ain't my thing !!!

lightzilla wrote:

The farthest I got was about 6 songs that I did the timing marks for. I too am not all that fired up. After looking at snow & enduring cold for 6 straight months........I lost interest knowing that the cooler weather is just 3 to 4 months away before the really cold weather sets in.

The take down was over in late April but set up begins in Sept.

I just want to enjoy what puny warm weather we will have for a bit & hopefully in a couple of months I will perk up some.

I feel ya,we get all kinds of nasty weather in Kentucky during winter. that is the one thing I hate about being a lighting enthusiast, I hate winter!!!!!!!

My excuse, I do Halloween, then Christmas, but the biggest excuse is I don't have anywhere or room to build new items living in a dadburn apartment!

we not really started yet either, i am off work with a total knee replacement so i planed on having lots of computer time to program, but so far two and half weeks in still no programming hopefully soon

I've made most of the power cords I will need and mounted tie downs for them all over the house.

Added 3 new circuit breakers and 6 outlets around the house.

Dug holes and poured cement around poles for my front yard winter projector screen.

Drove my wife crazier and now I'm banned from talking about lights.

Installed outdoor speakers on the house and built an antenna for the radio transmitter on the chimney.

Purchased most of the supplies except CCB and CCFs. Just working on sequencing now.

I'm moving faster than last year...but still locking down design and plans...I consdier myself "mildly behind schedule.."..

My two main excuses:

Its already 90 degrees in FL every day...how the hell do you think about Christmas in those temps?

I still have to fly to Jim's neck of the woods every 2-3 weeks...no time to think about lights...

All that said, all but one rainbow floods are done, last two controllers (for now) need to be built...for now, all lights are purchased, pending a mega-tree decision..so summer sale purchases will be small...DC board, and maybe a few more controller cards.

I feel good about that until I look at what is left to do...

I will say my family is more understanding of the project this year than last. I have a new 200A panel in my "front front yard", that I have finally had time to get wired..had some time last night after work/dinner to do some work on it. When I came back inside, my 9 year old said "that thing you were working on is for Christmas lights, right?.."...

I've been slowly working on my motion lights,
got a 12 channel candy can pinwheel made, and soldered 10 RGB spots and 2 new flood lights.
Also built one DC controller housing.

Have most of my stuff built, just need to make wiring harnesses and a few more enclosures.

Here is the kick in the butt though, I haven't done any sequencing!!! I need to get on it pronto!

I try and get ALL my sequencing done this time of year.

Enjoy the summer months and then when CDI delivers my purchase I start building my new items for the year.

Dave

jimswinder wrote:

Not me....

just can't seem to get that "Christmas Spirit" this year...

You will by the time you leave Jersey!!

I was perfectly content with where I was at, at this point of the year, until you asked that question, thanks alot :D

:D