Light-O-Rama Forums

Servo Dog Issues

Dan C

I've been working on some Servo Controlled Motion lights. I finally got all the lights and brackets built. I also got the Servo Dog and DC Controller setup in a container.

I did some configuration of the Servo Dog and default positions which is the same as 50% or 1500. I saved the configuration to the unit.

I started out by making a testing animation to test each light and servo motion. Everything works great, until the end. I have all the servo channels at 50% at the end of my show. When the animation gets over, all the servos turn to full 100% on for some reason. (could be all off 0% too, I don't remember which way it was). The servos then stay at that location and you can hear the servo motor fighting to stay in that location. -Could be that its trying to go farther than the virtual stops I setup.

Is there some reason they are not staying at 50%? Again, I have a signal of 50% all the way to the end of the sequence.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ok, actually that does help. Seems like that the "Turn used lights off at the end of each Sequence" setting would help.

I've looked everywhere in the sequence editor and can't seem to find this setting.

I also checked the help file, but I've never been able to do a search for more than just one word without it coming up with 20 or so pages of other info I don't need.

So where is this magical setting?

Thanks again.

My understanding is, it's when you create a "Show" you can check that box.
Maybe we are still waiting for the button in the sequence editor?
I have been so busy, I haven't noticed if it's been added?

Ok, I see that option in the show editor. But unfortunately I don't use the show editor. I just use the simple show builder and then output to a SD Card. I have a Mini director to run my shows. I don't see that setting on the Simple show builder.

Yea, I'm in the same boat. I've been just having my talking skull pan to the side it whips to just before the end of the sequence. For halloween, the mini directors are great. I thought this problem was fixed? Maybe Dan will give us an update on this?

Hey, I just got home and checked the sequence editor, it's under the play menu, uncheck "Lights off at end". just like Dan was saying... I don't have my stuff set up, but I bet thats it.
If that fixes it, please let us know?:)

At first I didn't see that option under the Play menu. So I checked to see if there was a new version of the software. Turns out I was on 2.8.8 and not 2.9.4. So that option has been added since then.

This will help when I play the sequence directly in the editor. However it does not save that setting to the file. Its just a setting in the sequencer.

So In a way I am still having this problem.

Sounds like for now, the only way to fix this would be to ditch the Mini controller and run everything off of my computer using the show Editor. Then I would have to go in to each sequence and change the last frame of each song to be 0% except for the servos.

Thanks.

Just starting to use my first servo controller with LOR, I have done animatronics before using the basic stamp, but not LOR. I am concerned with the all lights off at the end of the sequence. I like the idea that if the channel is set for the servo controller it should disregard this command, but don't know if the power to be at LOR have heard the request. I think it would be a great addition. Being a programer a simple "if servo controller then disregard" code line is not hard to write.