Light-O-Rama Forums

whole house fm transmitters

bryan wilson

A quick search using "whole house fm transmitter" will very likely yield reams of responses to your question.

All I can say is out of just about every post or comment I've read, I'd say the majority has had more issues and problems with that transmitter than it's worth.

I'd say there may have been 1 or 2 that actually used it with success, but even then, I think even they ended up getting a different one.

If you've already purchased the WHT model, I'd say send it back for a refund, save your money and buy the one that most here recommend, this one seems to be very popular and that's the EDM Transmitter. Wish I'd have gotten that one now myself, but I'll stick to the one I am using currently for my display, a Mobile Black Box Eclipse 4000.

I may end up still purchasing the EDM for home use, and put the MBB to use in my vehicle for transmitting from the radio I use for listening to trains, this way when I'm trackside, i can transmit to my pocket FM radio so I know to get my camera poised and ready.

Even though I have not used an EDM, just about everyone on the forum recommends it. So that will be the next one I buy for display/home use.

I actually typed a long reply about transmitting farther than you can see your house, but decided its been beat to death already...

Bottom line: Orville's right.. Stay AWAY from the WHT.. dont transmit(clear signal) farther than you can see your house and you wont have any problems being violated.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I actually typed a long reply about transmitting farther than you can see your house, but decided its been beat to death already...

Bottom line: Orville's right.. Stay AWAY from the WHT.. dont transmit(clear signal) farther than you can see your house and you wont have any problems being violated.

Hey TJ, what if you can see your house 2 miles away?:)

And that last statement, I don't think that one came out quite right. "and you won't have any problems being violated." :shock::):D:D Now that was really hilarious, sure gave me a good laugh!

Shouldn't that have read "and you won't have any problems with FCC violations."?

Sorry, just had to do it. LOL

bryan wilson wrote:

has any one had any good luck using this product??

as posted elsewhere, i tried mine out today and it is crap. beyond the driveway it fades, you can increase the output but then the quality is garbage.

it is going back next week.