Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing CCRS

Ralph A

This is my third year with LOR. It is my first year with programming CCR'S. I believe since I started in January I've got a fair handle on the basics of the CCR'S, but can see I have a lot to learn.

I wanted to get different opinions on how you all approach your sequencing with the CCR'S Basically tip's and tricks on how many of you have done this in the past and what you have found to work for you! Much like George Simmons post for newbie's back in February. Which I found in lighting on how different people sequence.

I decided to buy one of Brian Bruderer, sequences and loved his work!! I see that he has his timing grid at .10, but he must seq at .05 or lower due to what I'm seeing in the grid. That is, his fades starting in the middle of a timing square. It also appears that he is not using what I call the "Block" method of sequencing. Rather using more a fluid style of sequencing.

Anyway I would greatly like to hear what you all do and how you prefer to sequence your CC'R and soon CCB'S!!!

Thanks for the advice.

The ability to use the Chase tool with CCR's is one of my favorite tools. This is best enabled by using standard beats rather than dividing all the time into tenths of second. Utilizing a primary track, with the main rhythm I copy this timing into a CCR track. When I come across a gap in the music which affords itself for chase I can easily add this with the Chase tool. Sometimes I will even delete a timing or two in a section to lengthen the chase over a period of time. I like this method rather than using the Macros because I can see the results in the current visualizer. Macros are great, but you need to hook up your CCR's and test the effects real life to be certain that your happy with the results.

Ditto that Jeff. The macro options are limited, but still useful for some situations.

Not good for
Coordinating multiple CCRs. (They get out of sync)
Chasing when multiple CCRs are end to end.
Complex effects.. Fades, multi color chase.
Background color with effect on top.
Reverse chase. Off segment moving over on segments.

Good for
Fast flash or strobe effect.
Quick sweep or leap or jump.
Rainbow color effect.
Entire ribbon color changes

I am still a booster for macros. Will start another thread for macro improvement requests. Or bump an old one if I can find.

Jeff's Signature;

I made cables for the CCRs over the weekend. Now I have to grow a pair and cut them. Scared.

You can do it !!!Take plenty pictures of the process so when I cut mine in July....

I have been pixal by pixal sequencing on 5 CCR's for months..Getting some very good stuff out of them. Still not a fan of micro's (Yet)

Thanks for the replies!!

JD. I have several questions. I will PM soon.

Jeff and BobO, I too was seq step by step or pixal by pixal and it is taking a long time. Just like Ron stated. I have not used the macros, due to not being able to see the effect and lack of control.

Does anyone use the beat wizard or vu wizard with the CCR'S?

I thought I was missing something because it was taking so long to seq these baby's. It appeared that Brian was able to seq very fast and was wondering how he was able to do that?
Thanks again!!

Ralph A wrote:

Thanks for the replies!!

JD. I have several questions. I will PM soon.

Jeff and BobO, I too was seq step by step or pixal by pixal and it is taking a long time. Just like Ron stated. I have not used the macros, due to not being able to see the effect and lack of control.

Does anyone use the beat wizard or vu wizard with the CCR'S?

I thought I was missing something because it was taking so long to seq these baby's. It appeared that Brian was able to seq very fast and was wondering how he was able to do that?
Thanks again!!

Ralph. Stop by Lone Star Holidays. You may consider coming to our Academy in August. JD is doing a class on CCR's http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/forums/index.php

I use the Beat Wizard with CCRs exactly the same way as I would do with any other track/channel. Works just fine. I haven't used the VU Wizard on one yet, but I did copy the results of the VU Wizard into the CCR track from another track without any problems.

Add me to the list of folks who program manually. I, too, find macros lacking and limiting, especially since I don't use the CCRs for arches.

This year should be intresting with all the CCR converts.
If the CCB's and CCF's make it here before too long will make it even better !!
So glad I got the CCR before I spent too much on LED's.
6 million colors is so exciting to work with and you can't chase the LED's.
First year in and can't wait to get it all together!!

Now have 6000 ft. of 14ga.and 16ga. wire for custom extention cords and probally won't use half of it but it's here....Need plugs and female ends now.

I used Brian's SuperStar Lights Software, I have 13 CCR's and 12 of those was in a matrix last year and I have to say I got more than my money's worth out of BB's software. I am looking forward for the release of S3.

This year I'm doing the SuperStar-LightORama or (SSLOR-Tree)

• 2 weeks later...

I have just wired up 12 ccr's and preparing to use the LOR hardware program to set up the units and to begin programing. I also have BB's software but I am not sure just how to incorporate it into the LOR program. I am planning a second year 4th of July show and obviously am in a time crunch. I have 9 controllers and the ccr's to work with. I am working with two experienced programers but they have never worked with ccr's. Any advice is much appreciated. Short cuts, pit falls and the like. I am located in Cape Girardeau MO ( about 100 miles south of St. Louis. Anyone in my area that I could contact for info. I would even consider paying someone to assist in the project. Thanks Hoffman Fireworks

• The topic was locked