Light-O-Rama Forums

Dryer Vent Arches!

rgardner518

I really like the dryer vent over the arch. I am using CCR this year and may try it. My big concern is if the lint will cause any issues.I may have to disconnect it from the dryer.

texascop wrote:

My big concern is if the lint will cause any issues.
I may have to disconnect it from the dryer.

LOL... :shock:

I attempted this last year using my CCR arches. I bought 2 50' lengths of 4" white dryer vent online (I don't remember who it was at this time). The problem was that the vendor/supplier drew an orange permanent marker mark at 1 foot increments along the entire length (easier to measure?). Those orange marks were not removable, and they were very noticable. I ended up going with uncovered arches.

Here's a link to one of the videos of those arches (hope it's correct - I can't see it here at work):

blbeattie wrote:

I attempted this last year using my CCR arches. I bought 2 50' lengths of 4" white dryer vent online (I don't remember who it was at this time). The problem was that the vendor/supplier drew an orange permanent marker mark at 1 foot increments along the entire length (easier to measure?). Those orange marks were not removable, and they were very noticable. I ended up going with uncovered arches.

Here's a link to one of the videos of those arches (hope it's correct - I can't see it here at work):
http://www.vimeo.com/18370536

NICE JOB ON THE WHOLE DISPLAY!!

blbeattie wrote:

Those arches have dryer vents over them?

rodman1369 wrote:

I got my vent tube in today. Thanks for the idea. Now to build an arch! ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KKKJHE

WOW! Thats cheaper than what I paid! I got mine for $20 with shipping, and thats only $15 with shipping! Dam I missed the boat on that one!

That's what the forum is for. ;) As soon as the tube arrived and I had a chance to shine a light thru... I share.
I've learned SO much here...good to give back.

My CCR arches did not have the dryer vent tubes on them.

I think the arches with the tubes look really nice, but my experience with the orange marks has got me 'shy' about trying to get some and incorporate them this year. I was happy with the way my 'bare' arches ultimately turned out.

Very nice...

As someone who is doing old fashioned boring single color arches this year (:D), I definitely have to think about CCRs and diving into the whole RGB thing for 2012.

• 4 months later...

I am glad to see this thread pop back up, I have been giving a lot of thought to making a CCR circle with the CCR on the outside of the PVC then adding white dryer vent to the circle attaching it to the inside of the pvc so the space is away from the CCR.

My thought is that it will help spread the light since without it, the LEDs being on the outside of the circle will well point out.

I will now have to try this once I get halloween rolling.

texascop wrote:

I really like the dryer vent over the arch. I am using CCR this year and may try it. My big concern is if the lint will cause any issues.I may have to disconnect it from the dryer.

You know though... The steam escaping out the last arch might give a neat look to your display....;)

I wonder if you can control the dryer with LOR.....:?