Light-O-Rama Forums

this is for the newbies

james campbell

jimswinder wrote:

caniac wrote:
and a glass globe.

did not want to go with the plastic ones?

Might be safer...
Can't find them, figured glass is alright for the prototype. The manager at Lowe's is looking for the plastic ones. Might have to check the "orange" store.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Rise

• caniac

• james campbell

• jimswinder

caniac wrote:

Can't find them, figured glass is alright for the prototype. The manager at Lowe's is looking for the plastic ones. Might have to check the "orange" store.

MY HD had the plastic ones...

jimswinder wrote:

caniac wrote:

MY HD had the plastic ones...
will check there today.

caniac wrote:

spindler88 wrote:
First, JSTORMS I would like to say is that i went to your show last yr. Very nice! I saw your show and Deck The Lawn in Round Rock. I told myself i have to do this. I bought a controller sequenced 4 songs. I set my lights up in my back yard(Not all Lights) and watch the show. LOL My wife said i was gay. I am glad i did that because I found allot of mistakes. This will be my first Yr with LOR. I think we should start our own chapter in Round Rock.:] I can't wait to see your show next yr. GREAT JOB
women don't understand that their is a sense of danger here, we are playing with electricity!!

LOL That's Right They don't understand

I'm just about finished getting my 2010 show put away and making the list of things to fix.
you guys are making me look bad!
I have done the hardest part for this year. I got my wife to agree to the 2 more controllers for the last sale, and 1 CCR for the summer sale. Based on that, I'm going to use the CCR for 2 arches, and 1 controller for some form of a 16 channel small mega-tree.

Jim Saul wrote:

I'm just about finished getting my 2010 show put away and making the list of things to fix.
you guys are making me look bad!
I have done the hardest part for this year. I got my wife to agree to the 2 more controllers for the last sale, and 1 CCR for the summer sale. Based on that, I'm going to use the CCR for 2 arches, and 1 controller for some form of a 16 channel small mega-tree.

Well Jim, I know that I am so exited about my first year it is easy to have some of my stuff complete. Don't hurt to ave my son help either. I think the next few months will slow down,grilling and fishing more:D

heck im putting a roof over my porch just so s ill have somewhere else to hang more lights(house needs new roof anyway)

I working on Sequences, working on my portable distribution panel, and need to wire up the 240v/50amp outlet to plug it in to.
I'm hoping to purchase more lights. I still need green. I'm losing hope in my last order and am beginning to think that I got scammed.
Anyone else purchase lights and still waiting for them to arrive?
I've never pre ordered lights, so I have no idea what to expect.

David Rise wrote:

I'm losing hope in my last order and am beginning to think that I got scammed.

Whom did you purchase from?

For the most part, the big two (CDI and Magic In The Sky) have not yet shipped for their Pre-Sale orders...

David Rise wrote:

I working on Sequences, working on my portable distribution panel, and need to wire up the 240v/50amp outlet to plug it in to.
I'm hoping to purchase more lights. I still need green. I'm losing hope in my last order and am beginning to think that I got scammed.
where did you purchase them from?

i have used 1000bulb and novelty-lights and I usually have stuff in a week (in stock items).

Started initial sequencing February, but in full force working on Halloween props. I have built my 3 singing pumpkin faces, a cemetery fence (40ft), torn down several pallets and assembled tombstones, and my wife just started working on the paper mache pumpkin heads. Found that Lowe's had 85W red and green flood lights on sale and picked up a few of those. My sequencing hasn't come along as nicely as I wanted. I have about 2 sequences done out of about 12. As the props finish up, I should be able to dedicate more time to my sequence/song list. Trying to meet my deadline of June 30th. July 1st starts my Christmas prep. Starting to sweat it!

Brock

I'm still struggling with the layout :P Every time I think I have it in my head, I end up not liking how it comes out on paper.

jimswinder wrote:

David Rise wrote:
I'm losing hope in my last order and am beginning to think that I got scammed.

Whom did you purchase from?

For the most part, the big two (CDI and Magic In The Sky) have not yet shipped for their Pre-Sale orders...

I got mine from CDI awhile ago.

PaulXmas wrote:

I got mine from CDI awhile ago.

I think it might depend what you ordered...

per Paul just a few weeks ago in this thread:

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26375&forum_id=81&highlight=paul

I just wanted to update everyone on the final ship dates for your pre orders. China is having more problems with labor in their factories and ship dates are getting pushed back farther than I have ever seen. On about May 10 our container of incandescent mini lights and the LED dripping icicle lights will ship from China. On about May 25 our container of incandescent C-goods (regular C-7 & C-9 lights) will ship. On about May 20 our container of LED retro fit lamps & dripping retro fit lamps will ship. Finally, on about June 15 our container of LED rope light and green cord spools, including zip cord will ship. The LED net lights will be mixed with one of those containers (still waiting on conformation). Remember it takes about 4 - 5 weeks after they are shipped to get here. As soon as we receive the containers, order will be filled and shipped to you. Thanks for your patience.

I've got 8 songs done and working on a few more. Seems the more I sequence the more ideas I get for the completed songs and continue to go back and make small adjustments. I've got 3 of 4 arches done, will have the 4th done in July when I make it home on vacation. I plan on building one of those 17' reindeer too!

I'm still in need of 7k Red and 7k green lights... Guess I'll have to wait till wal-mart stocks them for the season.

Nurples wrote:

I've got 8 songs done and working on a few more. Seems the more I sequence the more ideas I get for the completed songs and continue to go back and make small adjustments. I've got 3 of 4 arches done, will have the 4th done in July when I make it home on vacation. I plan on building one of those 17' reindeer too!

I'm still in need of 7k Red and 7k green lights... Guess I'll have to wait till wal-mart stocks them for the season.
i have had good luck at www.novelty-lights.com have gotten most of what i need (don't know if i am getting the best possible price but they only seem a dollar or two higher.

Well... I'd say I'm at about 65% for this season. 8 of 14 "TO DO" item are done or dang close to it. Did get a bit of Halloween stuff done today. Still testing new ideas and such. Wife and neighbors think I'm crazy working on X-Mas this early tho.

Tom Straub

testraub wrote:

Well... I'd say I'm at about 65% for this season. 8 of 14 "TO DO" item are done or dang close to it. Did get a bit of Halloween stuff done today. Still testing new ideas and such. Wife and neighbors think I'm crazy working on X-Mas this early tho.

Tom Straub
same here, I get strange looks when the manager for my local Lowe's ask what I am working on.

t purser wrote:

heck i work at lowes and thay think wait not think KNOW INM CRAZY:]:]:]
when they look at me odd as i am walking around with PVC, wire ties, tomato cages, etc. I just say "Christmas and Halloween display".