• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ Hvasta

• BlakeGravitt

• metallus2000

• caniac

Sprayed it brown, as in wood-tone. Biggest problem I have with the pvc is the bowing it did over the last couple years it spent in storage. And I'm not able to fit a steel fence pipe inside it, as it has several bolts thru the doubled 3" pipe. The masts go up tomorrow, I'll shjoot some pix of it.

I decided the length just wasnt right for the size of the ship, so I'm adding another 5' length to the mid-deck. That will also spread the masts along the deck length, so it'll look better.

This is the last year for Pirates too, the ship will go on CraigsList for sale.. havent decided on the price. decking, sideboards were all donated from a freind who was doing a renovation. I bought 2x6s for the framing. pvc for masts. Everything either bolts or screws together.

Next year.. Corpse Bride..

5 more feet added to the mid-deck.. 29' long now.. I put the lower part of the masts up to re-drill the bolt holes for mounting. Monday, the upper parts of the three masts (another 12'/ea) will go on, with the rigging/ratlines to secure the masts.

Unfortunately, as you can see, the masts are kinda seriously bowed.. comes from leaving them propped up on the end of the booms for 2 yrs. I'll have rope secured at the midpoint and top of each mast so I can pull one section vertical, and balance out the bow with the upper lines.

This is the last year for Pirates, and the ship will go on sale on CraigsList after Halloween.. Denny, Brian, or anyone else in AZ, or CA/NV that wants a 29' pirate ship, let me know.. LOR users get first dibs on it.. Its all "modular" really, legs/frames/ sides all bolt together, deck planking is just dry-wall-screwed down. Bolts secure the masts. Rope/rigging goes with it..

Attached files 272687=15064-2011-10-19_10-26-36_967.jpg

TJ....I did several sequences with my one Bucky skull (yes jealous, but wait till next year!) Does anyone have any skull sequences they would like to trade, utilizing LOR Servodog?

ATJ Hvasta wrote:

Im using VSA for the skulls haven't tried servodog yet.. next year..

And here I thought you only had the singing faces.. I guess I should pay more attention to your display! Looks great! Guess I should actually video mine.. but it 's just faces and blinking lights.. and after seeing Kevin's, we are not worthy!!

Bob-o.. if you look at my youtube page, you'll see how over th' top I went (and am going again!) :)

This is the last year for Pirates.. it's going on CraigsList after Halloween.. next year is Corpse Bride.. complete with Victor, Victoria, Emily and the BoneTones band..

Well, the ship, mast and sails are up.. skelly crew (the electronics) goes on tomorrow, along with the fogger cannons and a bunch of other things to finish it up preparing for the Turn On tomorrow evening..

Had a terrific visit from John and his wife Caroline.. they didnt get to see the talkin' skellys yet, but maybe later in the week. Hoping Denny and Brian get a chance to come by too!

Attached files 274294=15162-best_side.jpg

HEY TJ!
It was a very nice meetin' you and your wife tonight! We LOVED t' Black Pearl and cant wait t' see t' skeletons up and runnin'!! Your display be amazin', all your hard work definitely shows! You can count on us returnin' for another visit t' see everythin' in action!!:P:D

I thank you John!! 'twoz wonderful ta meet ya olso! 'realized afta' I shudda 'ad ya in fer some rum! Terrific chat we 'ad.. yer Caroline 'tis a lovely wench! Keep ta th' Code an' she shall olways treat ya well, savvy? Um, you would naught be in th' market fer a slightly used pirate ship, would ya? pirate-smiley.jpg

olright ya swabs, 'ere be me firs' video o' th' Pearl runnin'.. shot wit' me DroidX.. th' dvd camera be still chargin'..

I ABSOLUTELY could naught 'ave done this without Lenny! These Light Ruel, indeed be a true statement!!

I had the privilege of seeing the Pearl last night, and a fine ship she be. My granddaughter is still trying to talk me into buying her! A question I forgot to ask last night, how do you start LOR and VSA simultaneously so that they are in synch? Anybody within commuting distance should see this display as she won't be sailing again next year, something about Corpse Bride taking over! Well worth the 120+ mile round trip drive. Excellent display, TJ.

Now the big question, will your avatar be changing with the Corpse Bride coming on board?

• 7 years later...